Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Beginning Taper And NEED HELP PLEASE

[ja...]

Hi Everyone!

Here is my current medications.

100Mg Pristiq 1x Daily

.125 Klonopin 2x Daily

.25 Xanax 2x Daily

12.5 Ambien CR

5 MG Ambien

I have been on SSRI's since I was 19 and I'm now 28. Pristiq for the last 2-3 years and Ambien for the last 8. This combination of medication worked very well for me, no complaints very happy and content for the most part.

In December I had a traumatic even happen to me in New York City. Which caused severe anxiety and panic attacks.

Psych prescribed me .50 of Klonopin and .25 of Xanax.

Since taking these bento's my life has been nothing but a roller coaster of work leave and deep dark depression and fear. I truly believe that it is the FEAR of having to stop the Klonopin and the Xanax. And reading about all of the horror stories of W/D symptoms. Had I known that they would be so difficult to come off of I would have never started them.

Few questions. I would like to begin the tapering process of the Xanax and the Klonopin. Should I start with one medication over the other? And how do I get over the fear of having withdrawal symptoms? It's like I'm having the symptoms before I'm even starting the tapering. Some days are better than others and its usually when I'm around people. But I work from home and I am alone most of the time. I want to go back to the way I was before. Just the Ambien and the daily SSRI, and thats what I'm trying to achieve.

I could potentially go on leave for work for the tapering process. Some days I call in sick because my anxiety has just taken over completely and I can do nothing but lay in bed.

I have theses days where I don't even recognize who I am or what I'm doing. Like out of body experience I guess. I just don't feel like me anymore. And I miss that.

Things are going so good for me before Dece. New boyfriend going great. Great job going good. New hobbies. Great family. But I just can't help but think that I'm going crazy sometimes, and that I'm going to be in the hospital as a mental patient.

Any advice at this point would really help. Thanks you guys! Looking forward to hearing some replies, and answering any questions.

Jacob From Texas