Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Soon to be in this section, what to expect?

[Ma...]

Hi Buddies,

In a week I will be in this section. I just have a question regarding what symptoms I may expect when I've finished my taper? Both bad and good symptoms please - don't worry, I am not suggestible, just preparing for what may occur. Thanks in advance.

-MLC

Hi Next time,

I have read these. I just wanted to hear experiences from people first hand. What was your withdrawal like once you were off your Benzo's nexttime?

I was fine for 2 weeks after 0.25 kpin jump. Then WHAM..bedfast.

I had no clue about WD since I came off benzos years earlier without issue that I was aware of. I was on many AD meds over the years. I don't think my case is typical of someone with proper taper.

Hi Buddies,

In a week I will be in this section. I just have a question regarding what symptoms I may expect when I've finished my taper? Both bad and good symptoms please - don't worry, I am not suggestible, just preparing for what may occur. Thanks in advance.

-MLC

That's great! I'm sure you're counting the days till then. You will definitely sigh with relief. That's been the best part for me knowing that is one less pill I'm taking.

Symptoms since for me have mainly been sensory and muscle issues (tingling, jerks, numbness , crawly bug sensations etc.) they come and go and haven't been too alarming.

I thought that after tapering I would be home free. I felt sort of ok for about the first 3 days after I jumped. After that I started getting more and more symptoms of withdrawal. I found this site towards the end of my taper. It helped me understand what I was going through and why. I have noticed that those that tapered very slowly had less severe withdrawal symptoms. I tapered quickly according to the reviews on here and a doctor friend of mine. The first 3 to 4 months after I tapered, I experienced acute symptoms. Insomnia, dizziness, panic attacks, anxiety, shaking, vibrating, jaw tightness, cold intolerance, light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, tinnitus,diarrhea,urinary issues. There is more but I think you get the idea. I didn't have a true window until I was out at 6 months. After a year my symptoms were fewer and milder but still bothersome. I'm almost 2 years out and still not 100% symptom free but I am getting there. It's good to know what to expect. It's too bad that most medical professionals have no clue or dismiss the symptoms and add more meds to the problem. It's going to be a hard road to recovery. I wish that I could tell you that you are home free. You may be fortunate enough to be symptom free in a relatively short time. Some do!