Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

72 hours post cut - question

[ge...]

Hi

I dropped 2 to 1.5 diazepam on tuesday and was expecting to feel worse,  the fact is I already felt shockingly bad but I seem to have maintained that baseline so far.  Just wondering if it's possible that my tolerance  withdrawal was so bad that I am already experiencing something close ro acute?

If this is the case I might as well motor through the last 1.5 over the next 5 to 6 weeks and be done.

Any ideas?

The only info I can share is that Valium half life (how long it takes to leave the body half dose by half dose) is up to 3 days...so up to 3 days after your last dose or dose change, that dose is only reduced to half in 3 days which means you still have 1 mg circulating when you made your cut...

I don't know your age or chubby tissue status, but Valium is metabolized more slowly as we age and "Doses linger in Adipose/fat tissue far in excess of the actual dose for any given day".

There are many factors to take into consideration before making any changes.  That being said, motor through if you can, but be kind to yourself from a scientific standpoint at the same time.

Since you are actually doing very well, maybe don't make any decisions for a few days.

Best wishes...

Hi

I dropped 2 to 1.5 diazepam on tuesday and was expecting to feel worse,  the fact is I already felt shockingly bad but I seem to have maintained that baseline so far.  Just wondering if it's possible that my tolerance  withdrawal was so bad that I am already experiencing something close ro acute?

If this is the case I might as well motor through the last 1.5 over the next 5 to 6 weeks and be done.

Any ideas?

Be careful Diazepam has a half life of up to 200 hours and also has a ''lag time'' of several weeks and cuts can accumulate and not be felt for several weeks and people think its the last cut  that did it but its not. Also each cut is different an there's no guarantees what the next one will bring, I'm tapering Diazepam and its very sneaky, and build, and age has nothing to do with it either.'' BATTLE AGAINST TRANQUILLISERS' (B.A.T) http://bataid.org/ advise holding at least 3 weeks between cuts, and longer of your not ready to cut then.There is no race to get off you begin to heal as you taper and going too fast will cause problems eventually.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: