Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi.. just looking for a place to talk about benzos use

[Cl...]

Hey... so a little bit about myself...I've been using benzodiazepines for about three years now. At first they were prescribed to me by a psychiatrist but after a while he decided I should get off them. That's when i started looking into RC benzos. Currently I take clonazolam on a daily basis, but I do occasionally take diclazepam, and flubromazolam.

I haven't even begun to taper yet...  A couple of years ago I did manage to taper down and sober up for about a week.

Hello Clonazolam :hug: 

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!.  Benzodiazepines are meant for short term use, 2 to 3 weeks, it only takes a few weeks for the body to become dependent on these drugs.    If you do decide to taper, the best way to minimize withdrawal symptoms is to taper slowly.  It is suggested to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days.  This can be adjusted based on how you feel.

We have a great bunch of people here, our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, and will share their experiences with you.

I would suggest that you read the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by an expert in the field.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi nexttime, magrita... thanks for the welcome and for the links. i'll get working on my signature as soon as I can.

Thanks again.

I also took a lot of RC benzos and really got burned when I bought etizolam powder from RC webshops. If you can try to taper off diclazepam as it has a long halflife like diazepam. It will get better but will be a hard ride. Do you still get a lot of ralaxation feeling of the benzos you use? Or are you just using to keep the withdrawals away?

Hey Napdmd... I am planning on using the diclazepam to taper off benzos completely, only I still use clonazolam daily for sleep. The clonazolam is still definitely relaxing but I don't use it during the day. I usually take it about an hour before bed (chronic insomnia). As for the flubromazolam, I will take that occasionally as it still helps with my anxiety. At the moment I'm just too scared to begin my taper since I've experienced withdrawals before.

Hey,

I also suffer from chronic insomnia since childhood. I am on disability benefit, have dysthymia, OCD, social phobia etc.

I am on 40 mg Valium and 10 mg Prozac. I started with 2 mg Valium in May 2014, ended with 80 mg Valium this January, together with up to 100 mg Ambien. I landed in mental institution where they CT me of Ambien. Haven't touched it ever since.

The only way out is slow tapering. Benzos are less and less effective with time. The depression they cause is horrible. Switching to Valium (diazepam) is a good idea. But terribly difficult to taper as Ashton recommends.

I have no idea what medicine would allow me to sleep cause I've tried them all and the side effects are also unbearable.

Best wishes,

Estee