Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Introduction

[Da...]

Hello,

A little over 5 years ago I was prescribed Xanax, I didn't quite realize the negative efffects until about a year ago when I reduced dosage from 6mg-2mg per day because I was sick and couldn't stomach it for a few days. That led to severe withdrawal symptoms and rebound anxiety. Couldn't perform in my job anymore etc.

I went back on a dosage of 4MG for the last 9 months but about 3 months ago I started to wean off the correct way. I'm currently on 2mg. The withdrawals are better than last year but that still doesn't give them much credit. I feel awful.

I've joined because it is difficult to find anyone who understands this, and I need help coping with these side effects as I wean.

I look forward to being a part of the community,

Hello Dan206 :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

You are going to be okay, you can do this. We are happy that you have joined us,  being with people who can completely understand and empathise is vital through this process.  You should benefit from reading the Ashton Manual. It is a really good resource for learning about benzodiazepines and how to withdraw. 

It's usually recommended that people reduce their dose somewhere between 5 and 10% every 10 to 14 days.  It’s important to listen to the body,  you can adjust the rate accordingly. Withdrawal from benzo’s is tough, but you need to remember its temporary, you will eventually recover.

We are a friendly and supportive group of people here.  We have a great community who have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal,

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc)  This will enable others to see at a glance your history of meds and where you are up to with your taper should you need advice. ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita