Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone experienced this ? (I put this post under celebrations on accident)

[wh...]

My memory is very poor..I think it is a blessing for now as I do not remember 80%  of what has occurred this past year in w/d.  All I know is that it was HORRIFIC.  It is almost  11 mths. since I have been off this crap.  Has anyone experienced this ?  maybe the d/p d/r is a blessing in disguise ?  Can our brains just do a huge switch over at some point and be done with this ?  ???

My memory is very poor..I think it is a blessing for now as I do not remember 80%  of what has occurred this past year in w/d.  All I know is that it was HORRIFIC.  It is almost  11 mths. since I have been off this crap.  Has anyone experienced this ?  maybe the d/p d/r is a blessing in disguise ?  Can our brains just do a huge switch over at some point and be done with this ?  ???

Hey "whenwillthisend"!,

Well, I have the same feelings.. I do think it is a blessing in disguise that I can't vividly remember all of the horror I went through during my taper and w/d.. but like you, I know it was awful though.. I am sadly getting used to life, functioning as a moron.  I "fake it" every day at my job, and can't remember simple things which would make me better at my job.

last month, I tapered off of another drug I was put on during "tolerance w/d" which is an anti-psychotic, called "risperdal", and guess what?  W/D from it also features memory loss and cognitive problems, so I'm a double moron lately.. In addition to other "brain" symptoms, my brain feels "itchy" now - on the 6th day off of it.. @#$@##$@ (and I can't scratch it! : )  ..however, if I do a hard cardio workout, the symptoms dissipate for a little while.. I guess it's like being back in acute, more of intense "one day at a time" type strategies.

I pray to God that my mind will return one day, and if I am that lucky, may I never take my mind for granted again.

Other than this, how are you doing with things?  are you becoming fairly functional again?

- Eric

Hi Eric !  First of all you do not sound like a moron at all to me !!!  I am doing better.  I am eating stuff w hardly any reaction and I am working as I have throughout this.  Sx are fading and I have noticed it speeding up a bit within the last week or so.  I think it will be great that we will not remember much of this.  How are you today ? :)

I think it is a sign of a healthy brain to be distant from such an intense experience.

I count it a blessing.

Thank you.  How are you doing ?

I'm improving. Resting today. Had a big window yesterday and walked enough steps to total just over 2 miles.

2 days prior, I was hanging onto the wall to walk.

This is always consistently inconsistent.  grin.

I have the opposite problem - I cannot forget. I have every single situation on my mind. All the f... time. Its traumatic I think.

I even remember every nightmare. So I think you are blessed... :-\

My brain is not my problem any more. Its completely back and as fast as it used to be - thats the problem. My body is not.

And its hard to fight anxiety when your brain is a ferrari and your body is an old horse...