Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Has anyone experienced this ? (I put this post under celebrations on accident)

[wh...]

My memory is very poor..I think it is a blessing for now as I do not remember 80%  of what has occurred this past year in w/d.  All I know is that it was HORRIFIC.  It is almost  11 mths. since I have been off this crap.  Has anyone experienced this ?  maybe the d/p d/r is a blessing in disguise ?  Can our brains just do a huge switch over at some point and be done with this ?  ???

My memory is very poor..I think it is a blessing for now as I do not remember 80%  of what has occurred this past year in w/d.  All I know is that it was HORRIFIC.  It is almost  11 mths. since I have been off this crap.  Has anyone experienced this ?  maybe the d/p d/r is a blessing in disguise ?  Can our brains just do a huge switch over at some point and be done with this ?  ???

Hey "whenwillthisend"!,

Well, I have the same feelings.. I do think it is a blessing in disguise that I can't vividly remember all of the horror I went through during my taper and w/d.. but like you, I know it was awful though.. I am sadly getting used to life, functioning as a moron.  I "fake it" every day at my job, and can't remember simple things which would make me better at my job.

last month, I tapered off of another drug I was put on during "tolerance w/d" which is an anti-psychotic, called "risperdal", and guess what?  W/D from it also features memory loss and cognitive problems, so I'm a double moron lately.. In addition to other "brain" symptoms, my brain feels "itchy" now - on the 6th day off of it.. @#$@##$@ (and I can't scratch it! : )  ..however, if I do a hard cardio workout, the symptoms dissipate for a little while.. I guess it's like being back in acute, more of intense "one day at a time" type strategies.

I pray to God that my mind will return one day, and if I am that lucky, may I never take my mind for granted again.

Other than this, how are you doing with things?  are you becoming fairly functional again?

- Eric

Hi Eric !  First of all you do not sound like a moron at all to me !!!  I am doing better.  I am eating stuff w hardly any reaction and I am working as I have throughout this.  Sx are fading and I have noticed it speeding up a bit within the last week or so.  I think it will be great that we will not remember much of this.  How are you today ? :)

I think it is a sign of a healthy brain to be distant from such an intense experience.

I count it a blessing.

Thank you.  How are you doing ?

I'm improving. Resting today. Had a big window yesterday and walked enough steps to total just over 2 miles.

2 days prior, I was hanging onto the wall to walk.

This is always consistently inconsistent.  grin.

I have the opposite problem - I cannot forget. I have every single situation on my mind. All the f... time. Its traumatic I think.

I even remember every nightmare. So I think you are blessed... :-\

My brain is not my problem any more. Its completely back and as fast as it used to be - thats the problem. My body is not.

And its hard to fight anxiety when your brain is a ferrari and your body is an old horse...