Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Jump from 2.5 mg Valium

[ho...]

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if it would be reckless to jump from 2.5mg V to zero.  I have been tapering rapidly, and I'm feeling relatively good now at 2.5mg.  I posted here because I have been tapering so fast.  It has been hard but I'm at my next refill soon, and I just feel like toughing through it.  I did't take any benzos yesterday and may not get a chance to today.  See my sig and progress log.  Thanks

Hi hopeForHealing, I agree that each person is different and WD is very individual, but that said to me it seems like that is a low dose of valium and what you could do is try it and if becomes terrible then reinstate long enough to taper down like people suggest you do. Now I personally never tapered, I was ripped off a high dosage of Xanax in rehab. It has been a difficult road and it still is (10 months off now) but I'm glad I never reinstated or never took another benzo since I got out of rehab. If I had it to do over again I'm not sure I would taper. I was so sick I really thought about it but I managed to not do it somehow. And I feel if I can do that anybody can do it. To me it is like this is really super tough but the side effects of it is so bad I did not want to even temporary dosing, that is what made me never go back. Maybe it is not advisable and no one should do it, I'm not sure.

[dc...]

You've made great progress, but I strongly recommend tapering slowly off that last 2.5mg. Valium is not a drug to be trifled with, and while 2.5 seems low compared with where you were, it is still enough to put you in acute withdrawal if you stop. I'd suggest going 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1, holding at each for at least a week. Then re-evaluate jumping from 1 depending how you feel. I myself am being super careful and cutting just .1mg per week, so from 1 I did .9, .8, .7, .6, .5 (where I am now). You probably regard that as insanely slow but i'd rather take the extra time and not risk going into acute withdrawal. Kind regards,

CP

[f3...]

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if it would be reckless to jump from 2.5mg V to zero.  I have been tapering rapidly, and I'm feeling relatively good now at 2.5mg.  I posted here because I have been tapering so fast.  It has been hard but I'm at my next refill soon, and I just feel like toughing through it.  I did't take any benzos yesterday and may not get a chance to today.  See my sig and progress log.  Thanks

What's the worse that could happen?

Today is my 3rd day of no benzos!  I am strongly considering jumping from here.  If I make it say 10 days with no benzos would it be crazy to reinstate?  I think so.  I feel pretty good today.  Over the last week I have had only 10mg Valium.  I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel and I have no physical symptoms.  I of course have a little anxiety, but it's not as bad as it was a month ago when I was at higher doses.  Please chime in folks!

Sometimes you get a delayed reaction from some of the longer half-life benzos. I just have to caution you. It would be better to taper off the last of it.

Everyone is different, though. But I would be very careful, knowing how potent these drugs are.