Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Do I need to re-instate???

[ra...]

Hello all BBs,

The end of my taper is in site - I would take my last benzo on 10/27/16, but I am having terrible symptoms (panicky, brain fog, internal tremors, worried, depressed, upset stomach due to worry, DP, etc.).  I am cutting the final medication - Estazolam - which I started at 4mg. I am down to 0.8 mg, and I am cutting 10% every 10 days.  My next cut was supposed to be tomorrow, 10/7, but I think I need to hold at the very least.  I just can't live the way I am feeling (or work, which I HAVE to do).  Life is a living hell right now, and I don't have any idea how to help myself.  I have had a bit of a window yesterday and today (after 3+ weeks of crazy bad sxs).  I really want to be done with these meds, but also need to keep my sanity. Should I just muscle through and continue reducing, or should I hold (or re-instate)?  I don't know if my sxs are primarily from the benzos, or if they could still be from the 200 MG of Z I was on (I finished this on 4/20/16).  Any ideas or advice would be welcome.

My best wishes and hugs to you all.  This is no fun!!

[b6...]
The end seems to be difficult for a lot of people.  It's fine to hold for a while if you feel that you need to, but if things don't improve fairly soon, then I think it may be better to just power thru.  The small window you're feeling today (and yesterday) seems like a good sign.  Maybe waiting just an extra few days will give you the strength for your next cut.