Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Any results with exposition technique?

[ra...]

If you are too anxious/tired some say you have to rest, not push yourself, etc. On the other hand doing this you can wind up bedridden or home bound, more and more fearfull of going outdoor, take a walk, etc. A vicious circle which nourish desperation.

On the other hand, exposition is doing what you wish to do but are too afraid to do. In other words push yourself in order to train your brain to do things you thought you were unable to do.

I think the later is the best way, even if hard, in the beginning. Because it gives you confidence in the long run.

What do you think? Did you have results with exposition?

Weakness and jelly legs have been my worst symptoms. Nevertheless, I walk 2 miles, use the stair climber, and do 200 arm reps 6 days a week. Ashton says "jelly legs will get you there" and I've found that to be true. Today is Day 5 of my latest K cut - which is always my worst day. It just about killed me today but I got through it. I'm a firm believer in staying as active as you possibly can. Even if walking around your house is the best you can do...DO IT!!  I have months to go on my taper and I will NOT lay down and let this poison take over my life while I'm getting off of it. Some days it's easier said than done, but I'm trying to show this rat - shit of a drug who's boss. So I think that anytime you can do ANYTHING at all...get movin. Exercise is key. We need the muscle strength and we definitely need the endorphins. It helps with the anxiety.

I agree. We need to keep moving. Even if it's the stairs, laundry, well anything at all. Think it's key to recovery. Jello legs and all. B

This has been a key part of what so far is seeming like a successful taper. I've had to accept a week of bed rest because of the vertigo. The contrast is jarring. I definitely recommend keeping busy when able to! :thumbsup: