Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Taper or anxiety?

[St...]

Has anyone who has been tapering diazepam ever wondered if what you perceive to be withdrawal symptoms could actually be your own anxiety over it?

Almost certainly a combination of the 2, the chemical anxiety caused by the diazepam cannot unfortunately be instantly reversed, the gaba system has to heal in the absence of the drug.

I am in the same quandary as you seem to be in, I have anxiety about the anxiety and it sucks big time.

Chemical anxiety must be the absolute killer from diazepam because it has been crazy for me my whole taper. And even still 3 months after jumping. Ive had 0 physical issues though.

Same here, nothing physical, but waking every morning at 3am after broken sleep is driving me crazy - then the cortisol rush to add insult to injury. Plus the doc had just cut me from 2 to 1.5 so who knows what's around the corner.

For me I guess it's a combo. There's something about Valium that I simply can't tolerate. It's a strange one. Mostly I just fight extreme fatigue, at least so far. I get mild anxiety with every dose wondering if I'll be flat on my back in 30 minutes, or nauseated, or burning. Today was good though and I've made 2 cuts in 4 days. Breaking rules...don't care. Want out of zombie land asap. (Within reason). B

[d3...]

Hi. I notice that when we get very hot weather, my CNS doesn't do as well as in cooler weather. Here, we're still in summer, high temps. 

Researching glutamate neurotransmitter;  Foods, natural, non-problematic remedies; Ice cream and Magnesium actually counteract glutamate. That sound like a winning combo. I am doing Magnesium, powdered in 1L water daily. I find this really helps me overall.

Peace. Karuna