Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Weight loss questions?

[Tw...]

So I've been having pretty nasty mental and physical symptoms past month or so. I've lost close to 30 lbs since the beginning of my taper. Having crazy fatigue/weakness. My hair has been falling out and my skin and muscles are on the fritz. Now it's starting to be utter depression piled on top. I broke down and finally text my father last night that I was scared to live alone bc of all the time alone I have in my head feeling so horrible. What can I do to keep weight on me during this. I exercise when I can. I eat, even though sometimes I have to force myself to, it just feels like my bodies so tense it's just eating itself away, not to sound gross. Did this just stop for some and your weight started to level? Or if your hair was ever falling out did it ever come back? Just curious, either way I'm just trying to remember it will pass but I still do have more to taper so God help me a little bit please!

Best thing is just to keep eating, eat very nutritious foods like fish, chicken and lean beef (spaghetti is very good for withdrawal as it has tons of calories). Dont eat alot of processed junk food with empty calories. I personally eat tons of fresh fish, brown rice, and veggies. Grilled chicken breasts, lean beef or organic beef. Its expensive but this will all put weight on you. Eat alot of healthy snacks. keep eating and eating. I have gained 15 pounds due to this. Also keep praying and praying, our best and only healer is God. He will heal us, He will never give us more than we can handle. Maybe do light exercising as heavy exercise will cause you to lose even more weight. Hair loss is common and will return and your body heals.  :thumbsup:

I lost 30 pounds after my first CT detox, and my hair fell out as well. I got down to close to 100 pounds at 5'8. I was not able to eat food because it made me gag.  So I looked for another solution to gaining weight and started to drink ENSURE PLUS. They are 350 calories each and I was able to drink 6 to 8  of them a day. I put them in the freezer (chocolate flavor) for several hours before drinking.  This ran about 10 dollars a day and I did it for two months. My hair stopped falling out and I put back on a good amount of weight.

My weight dropped like crazy between my starting dose and the taper down to .75. I'd already lost a ton of weight before that so it really started to freak me out. I started incorporating a lot of healthy fats and force myself to eat 5 moderate meals per day no matter how I feel. I know it's easier said than done, but since then my weight has not only leveled, but I've gained back 8lbs.

Thank you all very much for the great advice and encouragement. Past two days have been really difficult and just hearing from others who have faced these same problems makes me feel better. Truckin' on day by day, moment to moment.

Thank you all very much for the great advice and encouragement. Past two days have been really difficult and just hearing from others who have faced these same problems makes me feel better. Truckin' on day by day, moment to moment.

:thumbsup: You will get your weight back!

My hair is falling out. I lost at least 20 lbs. I try and eat something every 2-3 hours and have a protein smoothie with blueberries daily.  I've stopped losing weight.

I agree with the suggestion of drinking ENSURE.

I went through a period of time losing a lot of weight in a short period of time, and started drinking Ensure twice a day, and I think it really helped me to put weight back.

You will improve. My hair has also stopped thinning since I started taking logical steps towards feeling better.  I wallowed in misery for months. Everything negative that happens, ask yourself what you can logically do to fix it, then do it. No matter how you feel. This taper will either destroy you or make you strong beyond comprehension. Choose strength. I don't mean to be preachy. I'm very passionate about this approach because the depression that came with this taper literally almost killed me. I had to do something. And it worked.

I'm rooting for you. <3