Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

rant

[ho...]

I came to a treatment rehab I feel it wasn't the best thing to do I've been trying to get home from miami I love in tampa to no avail I called my mom the first two weeks and she was not answering the therapist here told me to t Ryan it for a week then I was told to finush the program and I'm a month and a half out and their treatment is not right I feel I'm not an addict and being away from home is actually hurting me and the say geographical changes is good for addicts but I honestly miss home and feel if I don't I'll start abusing substances and the staff here could give two shuts I'm grateful they took me in but do not listen to what I'm saying I'm free to go but have no money to get home and I really hate my parents right now and I'm trying to decide if I should bust ads here and jump in a place or try to keep getting back to sarasota and start working

Hey hodge,

It might be a good idea to stay and work the program, you probably will learn quite a bit there, whether you know it or not. How much time do you have left and is it 28...30...60 day program? You'll be surprised at how fast the time will go and you'll be outta there with an education you can't get anywhere else. I know, because I did this. It was involuntary for me, so I kicked and screamed the entire time, but by the time I got out, I had a whole 'toolbox' of life emergency 'tools'. They got me in touch with my anxiety, not benzo w/d anxiety, but everyday anxieties and how to handle them without drugs. It was a learning experience and I'm now glad I did it.

One thing I'm not clear on as I write this, where are you in your taper and are they going to allow you to have those meds there, doling them out as per your taper plans. This wasn't an issue for me when I went through it, I ct'd off everything and had about 6 weeks behind me by that time. I was still in benzo w/d, I just didn't know it. It's no wonder I was miserable. But I still retained what I learned and that has never gone away.

I hope you'll decide to stay. I wish you the best either way.    ~CeCe        :mybuddy:

Thank you everyone I stayed the whole month it was 30 days and I found out I have aspergers and some people here are cool but I have big trust issues when I first came here I was taken to the hospital for evaluation and I do not like him for that and he's a cool guy

My ears are so sensitive and they literally put the radio on full blast even when I ask to turn it down literally ear plugs don't help I'm going to smash their radio