Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Skipping days?

[so...]

Wouldn't work for me for sure. Also think better to keep your blood plasma levels at a steady rate. Otherwise I'd be on a roller coaster worse than normal. B

Ive noticed lately from certain signatures that some people are tapering by skipping days. How does that work?

But it does work and it works better than you think. This is one of the tricks I have been using to not get tolerant. Occasionally leaving one or two days in the week out will work to get your tolerance down again somewhat and make it easier to jump at a certain point. You can do this with long acting benzo's like Valium and Klonopine but it will work for shorter acting ones too. It's not easy though. Those days you can't take anything are really hard to get through. First you leave out for instance 1 day per week, then you go leave out 2 days, then you go one day on one day off and followed by two days off one day on, then jump. It works ! But not for the faint of heart. Just remember. It's the same way you go coming back like you followed getting on. It all started with one time a month, then one time in 2 weeks, then one time a week, 2 or 3 times a week followed by every day. It's just switching this traject and coming back off the same way you went getting on.

Definitely not the best taper protocol, but for long acting benzos like V and K, it can work.

I did .5mg cuts from 15mg V down to 9 by doing alternate dosing (eg: 9-8-9-8-9-8... etc)

Doesn't really work with short acting benzos like lorazepam and xanax.

Definitely not the best taper protocol, but for long acting benzos like V and K, it can work.

I did .5mg cuts from 15mg V down to 9 by doing alternate dosing (eg: 9-8-9-8-9-8... etc)

Doesn't really work with short acting benzos like lorazepam and xanax.

That is correct. I used to do this but it's very hard on the body. It's sort of a rapid Cold Turkey taper and not recommended. It can go either way too. If you alternate one day on one day off you could either jump off or reinstate and relapse. It's very aggressive tapering. I took Valium one day on one day off, etc ... , the methode of alternating your dose 9-8-9-8-9-8 is a sweet and magical trick though. I would highly recommend this to anyone tapering down with Valium.

Ah so you can do it but it will suck? Lol my gp actually suggested alternating days like 6,7,6,7 and so on then settling on 6 but I didnt do it I just cut to 6.5 and pretended to do it.

Ah so you can do it but it will suck? Lol my gp actually suggested alternating days like 6,7,6,7 and so on then settling on 6 but I didnt do it I just cut to 6.5 and pretended to do it.

:laugh:  no alternating 6,7,6,7,6 won't suck but you have to do it for a couple of weeks and then jump to 6. What would suck is if you would take the Valium one day on 6 or 7 or even 10 mg and one day off 0 mg and then jump off completely after a month or so ...  :o

:laugh:  would suck big time.

I thought about doing something like this..... I take kolonopin and the dosage strength is killing me.... I always feel better way way after its time before my next dose......

I thought about taking my 3 divided doses one day on one day off; it over sedates me and scares me which is why I divided it into 3 doses.... I also do it in milk...( had issues when switched to milk but doing it 5 months or so now)

Someone told me because of my hypersensitivity to even removing it even though im paradoxical to not even try it....

I can't stand the constant drunk spacey feeling....scares me so much...

I was already in a protracted withdrawal from ativan and reinstated k per my dr. at 10 months out due to the severity of my physical sxs...

does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sorry Sonia... Don't mean to hijack your thread....

I thought about doing something like this..... I take kolonopin and the dosage strength is killing me.... I always feel better way way after its time before my next dose......

I thought about taking my 3 divided doses one day on one day off; it over sedates me and scares me which is why I divided it into 3 doses.... I also do it in milk...( had issues when switched to milk but doing it 5 months or so now)

Someone told me because of my hypersensitivity to even removing it even though im paradoxical to not even try it....

I was already in a protracted withdrawal from ativan and reinstated k per my dr. at 10 months out due to the severity of my physical sxs...

:-[  Hi, maybe God is just telling you in His own way not to take this stuff.    :'(

You say it over sedates and scares you. That is because the life force that is within you and your body don't like it when you put a poison in your body to calm you down. It's like you are losing control over your situation and you are giving the control to the benzo. I've been there by the way. I felt like that and I know this is the case although I am addicted myself and in the process of getting off. Your body produces natural endorfines to calm you down. If you take Klonopine or whatever drug you will suppress the natural hormones and they need to give the situation out of hand to the benzodiazepine but they don't like it. That's the reason while you're feeling scary, out of control and confused while being sedated on Klonopine. Anyways I hope this has helped somewhat and made any kind of sense to you.    :(

:-[  Hi, maybe God is just telling you in His own way not to take this stuff.    :'(

You say it over sedates and scares you. That is because the life force that is within you and your body don't like it when you put a poison in your body to calm you down. It's like you are losing control over your situation and you are giving the control to the benzo. I've been there by the way. I felt like that and I know this is the case although I am addicted myself and in the process of getting off. Your body produces natural endorfines to calm you down. If you take Klonopine or whatever drug you will suppress the natural hormones and they need to give the situation out of hand to the benzodiazepine but they don't like it. That's the reason while you're feeling scary, out of control and confused while being sedated on Klonopine. Anyways I hope this has helped somewhat and made any kind of sense to you.    :(

Yes... TR... I agree with you completely.... But how do I get off of this ? I need to taper and its unbearable..... The drug makes me feel horrible and so does the withdrawal....

I'm so scared.....

Yes... TR... I agree with you completely.... But how do I get off of this ? I need to taper and its unbearable..... The drug makes me feel horrible and so does the withdrawal....

I'm so scared.....

You should just continue your taper. What you're currently doing is called a Military taper and it works very well with long acting benzo's that have a long half life worth like Klonopine and Valium. Really I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll get used to that spaced out scary feeling after taking the K and you'll feel better soon enough. You could try to finish your taper with Valium if it gets really unbearable but this one also has it's disadvantages ... I guess the K turned on you as the Valium turned on me. Seems like you're getting paradoxical effects from using it ... this tends to happen if you use a benzo for a long period of time as for tapering.    :(