Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Toothache a WD symptom!?

[ra...]

I have an on/off toothache since 2 weeks that I cannot explain and I have read that it may be a withdrawal symptom. I'm stunned, really, if that's true.

Anyone heard of this?

Is it a constant ache, or a sudden zap?

A constant ache in the same tooth might indicate a cavity. If you get random zings in your teeth, that's w/d.

i had lots of dental pain in my early months of withdrawal. Sometimes it was in my gums and other times in my tooth. It was always on the left side of my mouth. Eventually it just went away.

If it's constant you might want to see a dentist. Last thing you need is an abscess or something. But if it's off and on or other teeth hurt off and on too I'd say it's w/d. My dentist told me in was the ligaments acting up and he's seen it a lot with people taking benzos. Painful but not harmful. B

Jaw pain has been my most frequent symptom during this taper and I've had some toothache type pain as well. Definitely normal but worth getting a regular checkup just to be sure!

I had it. I tried jogging one day and all my teeth hurt everytime my feet hit the ground. Dentist said nothing wrong, must have been withdrawal.

I have an on/off toothache since 2 weeks that I cannot explain and I have read that it may be a withdrawal symptom. I'm stunned, really, if that's true.

Anyone heard of this?

I would get checked by your dentist.  I get tooth and jaw pain (all over) and I know it's from clenching and grinding my teeth at night.  I have a bite guard I got at the dentist, and it is covered in bite marks so I know I grind at night.  It protects my teeth and has also helped with the tooth pain too.  If it's just one tooth though, I d be concerned that it's not withdrawal related.  Always safest to get checked.