Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

no benzos to taper with

[ch...]

I am new here, though I'm embarrassed to say that I came here just to lurk and found I had already registered, but don't remember (benzo fog).  I've been taking xanax pretty much every day since mid-July, and now I REALLY want to quit.  I MUST.  It is destroying me and I get more and more afraid every day.

Problem:  I have no benzos to do a taper with, no doctor I can find who will give me librium.  Things have really tightened up around here as far as doctors prescribing any opiates, benzos, not even librium for the purpose of tapering.  I can't continue to buy it on the street.  It's a trigger and far too expensive.

So I haven't really quit yet, just wrapping my mind around the idea of how to do it before it truly gets too late (and it may already be too late).  I have some homeopathic drops that help, and I do yoga, which helps a lot, and going to start aerobic exercise today.  I can get Gabapentin, but it seems like the missing link is not having the means to do the taper!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS  My "supplier" lives within walking distance of my apartment, which makes it very easy to break down and buy a couple of bars, but I think I am so terrified now about what possibly lies ahead for me, that I can stop that. 

I am new here, though I'm embarrassed to say that I came here just to lurk and found I had already registered, but don't remember (benzo fog).  I've been taking xanax pretty much every day since mid-July, and now I REALLY want to quit.  I MUST.  It is destroying me and I get more and more afraid every day.

Problem:  I have no benzos to do a taper with, no doctor I can find who will give me librium.  Things have really tightened up around here as far as doctors prescribing any opiates, benzos, not even librium for the purpose of tapering.  I can't continue to buy it on the street.  It's a trigger and far too expensive.

So I haven't really quit yet, just wrapping my mind around the idea of how to do it before it truly gets too late (and it may already be too late).  I have some homeopathic drops that help, and I do yoga, which helps a lot, and going to start aerobic exercise today.  I can get Gabapentin, but it seems like the missing link is not having the means to do the taper!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS  My "supplier" lives within walking distance of my apartment, which makes it very easy to break down and buy a couple of bars, but I think I am so terrified now about what possibly lies ahead for me, that I can stop that.

I'm in the same boat !      :brickwall:

I don't understand why these people are giving us such a hard time for prescribing us some Valium or whatever to do a sensible taper off. These doctors are more enemy than ally in this whole trial and ordeal. I bet it's getting expensive buying your Xanax off the streets ! I guess that's exactly the kind of mess these people want us to get in ...  :tickedoff:

Why can't these people comply in supplying us for doing a sensible taper ?? I mean what is it to them ??!? I'm going to have to go fetch some on the internet too real soon I bet, I'm getting so fed up with this benzo problem !! I just want this to end and go on with whatever is left of my pity full life ....    :tickedoff:

Good luck finding a reputable source on the internet.  Everything seems so dicey; you never know what you're getting.

Finally down to this:  yoga, heavy aerobic exercise, and low-dose naltroxene.  My doctor is such an ass.  I keep saying, "Do you realize I could have seizures and die?"  He just simply doesn't care.  His attitude is I blew it.  How can you blow it if you have a disease?

I'm am TERRIFIED!

I think csnax is the hardest to taper from. I see you use Klonopin also. That would be easier to taper with I think

I have a serious problem with not being able to have any drugs (of choice) around -- I will just take them and put the taper off to another day!  I did try buying some klonopin and valium on the street so I could taper, but ended up taking them.  So I'm kind of stuck.

'Homeopathic drops (diazepam) seem to help keep withdrawal at bay. '

Can I ask, What's this?

There is a very specialized naturopath near me that does diagnostics with a special machine and comes up with the exact formulation of what homeopathic you need.  It's very rare to find this kind of person, and you can't just go out and find homeopathic diazepam because it might not be the exact right remedy for you.

Can you get some valium?  Valium is a very good choice to taper from cause it has a long half life. There's a benzo equivalent chart around here somewhere saying how much valium is worth how much xanax.

Good luck finding a reputable source on the internet.  Everything seems so dicey; you never know what you're getting.

Finally down to this:  yoga, heavy aerobic exercise, and low-dose naltroxene.  My doctor is such an ass.  I keep saying, "Do you realize I could have seizures and die?"  He just simply doesn't care.  His attitude is I blew it.  How can you blow it if you have a disease?

I'm am TERRIFIED!

Yeah ! That's correct !! My doctor wanted me to do a 50 % reduction off my current dose and told me to start up and go do some sports again and sit before a bright light ...    :-\

Even if you would find a reputable source on the internet the transaction will cost you half of your fortune and many nights in sweat for the deal going bad or wrong and actually receiving the goods. I mean this is like playing a lottery and that's exactly what these doctors want us to get into I bet ... it will cost you your house buying on the internet !!!!!      :tickedoff:

Can you get some valium?  Valium is a very good choice to taper from cause it has a long half life. There's a benzo equivalent chart around here somewhere saying how much valium is worth how much xanax.

Problem, though, that I don't know how to solve:  I LOVE VALIUM.  Actually I love just about any mind-altering drug.

How can I do a taper if I have a bottle of a beloved drug in my house that I SWEAR I will stick to the taper schedule on, but then cave after about, oh, an hour, and take many, many of them?

Tapering is a problem.

Thanks, all, for your input

Real benzos of just about every type are easily available on the internet to buy. And they are cheap if you know where to look.

Xanax can be bought by the gram and dissolved into a solution for dosing this usually costs less than 50 pounds a gram.

1000 10mg diazepam will usually set you back 400-500 pounds depending on the brand name.

Buying lower amounts a box of Teva 10mg valium will cost you about 20 quid on the internet.

I unfortunately only take lorazepam and this seems to be one of the hardest to source online and when you can its usually expensive  :(

You guys really look in the wrong places  :o

Real benzos of just about every type are easily available on the internet to buy. And they are cheap if you know where to look.

Xanax can be bought by the gram and dissolved into a solution for dosing this usually costs less than 50 pounds a gram.

1000 10mg diazepam will usually set you back 400-500 pounds depending on the brand name.

Buying lower amounts a box of Teva 10mg valium will cost you about 20 quid on the internet.

I unfortunately only take lorazepam and this seems to be one of the hardest to source online and when you can its usually expensive  :(

Hello ati7054, and everyone,

It's against the rules on this forum to discuss obtaining drugs illegally or over the internet without a valid prescription, which is illegal in most countries.

This is from our Rules and Guidelines:

Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Our aim is to allow members the freedom to properly describe their full and true situation, but at the same time prevent overly florid descriptions of illicit, recreational or abusive drug use that have the potential to cause the wider membership harm or distress.

Since most of our members have dependency/addiction issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, we must disallow content that discourages them from this goal, or encourages behaviour that might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

• Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

• Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

• Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please understand that because our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited. You should not expect, nor engage in, detailed support-orientated discussions about drugs or medicines other than benzodiazepines.

Hello ati7054, and everyone,

It's against the rules on this forum to discuss obtaining drugs illegally or over the internet without a valid prescription, which is illegal in most countries.

This is from our Rules and Guidelines:

Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Our aim is to allow members the freedom to properly describe their full and true situation, but at the same time prevent overly florid descriptions of illicit, recreational or abusive drug use that have the potential to cause the wider membership harm or distress.

Since most of our members have dependency/addiction issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, we must disallow content that discourages them from this goal, or encourages behaviour that might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

• Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

• Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

• Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please understand that because our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited. You should not expect, nor engage in, detailed support-orientated discussions about drugs or medicines other than benzodiazepines.

:(