Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Once below 2 or 3 mg V

[Be...]

What are/were the size of your cuts? I think Im going to try a .25 cut to see if its any less harsh than a .5....any help or advice would be highly appreciated. God Bless

[c6...]
From 3 the sequence of doses I took were 2.8, 2.6, 2.4, 2.2, 2.0, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.3, 1.1, 1, .9, .8, .7, .6 (where I am now). Plan to cut .1 per week down to zero. You have to liquid titrated to do this schedule.

I'm at 2.25mg V and I've been making .25mg cuts since 4.5mg. I feel the cuts, but symptoms are no more intense than the .5mg cuts. The few cuts I've done since 3mg feel the same as the .25mg cuts I did above 3mg.

[c6...]
Yes I held a week between each of my .1mg cuts. I was having gradually increasing symptoms between 3mg and 2mg, and was suffering from 2mg down to 1mg, but then things got better below 1mg. I think healing finally took place.

I did 1 mg cuts every two weeks from 10 mg to 2 mg and then decided to heed everyone's advice and change to 0.5 mg for this most recent cut. Super smooth taper for the most part but vertigo kicked in just before this cut. Not thrilled about it but what can I do? I definitely think 0.5 or 0.25 cuts are wise when getting to lower doses. Nothing makes it "easy" but it doesn't add that much time onto your taper and why not be a little safer and avoid getting in over your head? :thumbsup:

I did 1 mg cuts every two weeks from 10 mg to 2 mg and then decided to heed everyone's advice and change to 0.5 mg for this most recent cut. Super smooth taper for the most part but vertigo kicked in just before this cut. Not thrilled about it but what can I do? I definitely think 0.5 or 0.25 cuts are wise when getting to lower doses. Nothing makes it "easy" but it doesn't add that much time onto your taper and why not be a little safer and avoid getting in over your head? :thumbsup:

My taper is similar to yours, solace. Except I started at 5mg Valium and skipped to 3mg after 10 days. Went to 2mg then 1mg but then cut to 0.5mg and most recently 0.25. Was pretty smooth (not "easy") all the way to 1mg but got rough at .5 and at .25 I am now getting vertigo that I haven't had this entire taper.

I wonder if our initial speed is catching up with us. I hope it doesn't get any worse than it already is. Is yours when you lie down or stand up or move your head? Or just at random times? Mine is the former, which is definitely different than my past vertigo experiences. It's actually less alarming because I know when to expect it. Before it was so random. It really traumatized me.

I wonder if our initial speed is catching up with us. I hope it doesn't get any worse than it already is. Is yours when you lie down or stand up or move your head? Or just at random times? Mine is the former, which is definitely different than my past vertigo experiences. It's actually less alarming because I know when to expect it. Before it was so random. It really traumatized me.

It is possible the initial speed of cuts is catching up. I just noticed that vertigo that day when I woke up and was walking around. Sitting down it wasn't bad, mainly when standing. It only seemed to last about 24 hours and has subsided so hopefully it doesn't come back! Hope the same for yours.