Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Keeping your job

[fd...]

[fd...]
Has anyone ever kept their job as they have went through withdrawals? I haven't seen any success stories as of yet where anyone has. Been on Klonopin for a couple years now (2-3mgs per day). Become stable at 1.5mgs per day the last few weeks. Just started the the Klonopin switch over to valium taper program that I have planned out slowly. Can't afford to lose my job during this. All the success stories I read, there's always the part where people are bedridden for some time before they get better. I don't have the time for that. So, anyone ever maintained their jobs/careers while withdrawing???

Hello Sam6975,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  While withdrawal from benzos can be challenging for some of us, others can go through the process with few difficulties.  Additionally, many people can and do work through the withdrawal and recovery process. I taught piano the entire time but I did have the luxury of working at my home studio. However, I know of many members that did work, at many various careers. I'll give you a link to a support thread with this topic.

I'm glad you are planning out your taper. A slow taper can help minimize withdrawal symptoms. Generally a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is recommended. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

In the planning of your crossover did you come across the Ashton Manual? It is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field. I'll provide a link for you.

Congratulations on your decision to taper off klonopin/valium.  These drugs are really meant to be used very short time, say 2 to 3 weeks.  Long term use can bring on a lot of issues.  Being benzo free and healed is pretty amazing, it's well worth the effort.

Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

How many people HAVE to work during withdrawal

General Taper Plans

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)

[fd...]
Thanks for the links. Yes, I'm aware of the Ashton Manual. I actually got my taper plan from it. Hoping for a smooth landing.

Hi Sam, I'm working full-time. Been back at it for about five months after going through cancer treatment and then discovering that I was snared by benzos.

So far I've been able to stick with it, but it is challenging and it remains to be seen if I can keep it up. But it's also helpful to get out of the house, stay busy and distracted. My bosses and coworkers know about my situation, and they have been very understanding, so that helps too.

One thing I am doing is slowing my taper down as I get lower in dose, to try to keep my symptoms manageable so I can keep working. A lot of people get knocked off their feet if they taper too quickly.

One day at a time... good luck!

Im working full time! Have been the entire time. I've had to introduce several supplements in order to keep stable somewhat! Lol.. its working for me...I have no choice but to work. It's a matter of survival. Amazing how much that alone will conquer any fear or anxiety.

So it's definitely possible. You're stronger than you might think!

Love

Hope&Faith

💛💛💛💛