Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling really stupid.

[be...]

So today I'm officially a senior citizen. Birthday 65. Last January I vowed to be off this crap by today. Well it didn't happen. This time last year I was doing so well. But then I hadn't started Valium. Wish I could turn the clock back but I can't. Just my little rant. Oh well. B

So today I'm officially a senior citizen. Birthday 65. Last January I vowed to be off this crap by today. Well it didn't happen. This time last year I was doing so well. But then I hadn't started Valium. Wish I could turn the clock back but I can't. Just my little rant. Oh well. B

Happy happy birthday, Barb! I get not meeting your milestone goal, but don't be disheartened! You are making such good progress and you keep pushing forward, plus you are a source of comfort to so many here. That's the best gift that you can give yourself and your body/soul today. Hope you have a wonderful day  :smitten:

For sure Mena. Guess some of just can't handle it. I find it much worse than X,A andK. It has such a depressing quality. As in whole body depression. Burning, jello legs, crying bursts. Never had that before. Oh well, stuck now. B

Thanks guys. On a bright note I now get my old age pension. It's not much but at least I'm getting paid to get old. 😄 B

Happy Birthday Barb  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't beat yourself up with the Valium..if only we all knew what we do now about the benzos  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hope you have a great Birthday  :thumbsup:

[10...]

Happy Birthday Benzobarb!!!Hope you have a great day, entering the Golden years! Congratulations on the plan and success of your taper! Pat yourself on the back for the HUGE accomplishment that you have made. Eat Cake!! Laugh at corny You Tube videos!!

PS: Like you, I wondered and still do, about how I look throughout this ordeal... especially at the beginning of this PLOT TWIST!!! Peace, Love, and Empathy, Karuna

Happy Birthday Duckie.

Next year will better. You will eat cake, drink and be happy. Hell, you may even be in Paris, shopping on the Champs Elysee with all that pension money. I once again will be travelling the world, and I will meet you there' and we will drink wine, and toast  to being tough, recovered old broads. We will sit and drink for hours and never once will we look for a bathroom.

This is our future. I promise, promise, promise.

LOL sounds terrific rabbit. Absolutely terrific. Except the peeing part. Whoa...when I gotta go, I gotta go. A few drinks equals pee time but who cares. Boy I can almost see it. Better yet, taste The food, the booze all of it. B :smitten:

I find this thread so interesting - I did a 4 month long K taper - 3 weeks post jump was slammed with withdrawal - wasnt functioning - didn't realize it was withdrawal and dr hopped for 3 months and 10 or 15K later - ended up in ER with sky high BP - they gave me Ativan to help the BP medicine work and all my symptoms went away - it was then that I realized it was withdrawal/K taper - so I went back on and crossed over to Valium - I'm such an idiot for not doing more research THEN and just staying OFF but it was so horrific and I hadn't slept in 3 months basically - I thought there had to be a better way.......I've had the most difficult time with this Valium taper - Tapering K was a walk in the park - so much so that I didn't realize my symptoms (during the taper) were even taper related - Anxiety and Vertigo were the worst - this time has been horrific and my theory has been that I'm kindled but now I'm wondering if its the Valium???? Are there other threads that talk about Valium being worse??

Happy Birthday!  My 65 was 3 weeks ago and I went through the same soul searching progress evaluation...Maybe it is a rite of passage?  My pension just came and YIPPEE!!

I'm a little late but happy birthday! I was also planning to be off on my birthday but ended up having to extend my taper to be safer. Don't be sad about that! Be proud that you're getting there! I know all of us here are very proud of you and very inspired by you. You'll feel better and better as time goes by. Celebrate your milestone and enjoy your birthday week! :happybday:

Thanks everyone. Lol Choco I have to wait for my cheque too. They pay in arrears. Typical government. But the day has come and passed. I've cut another .5 so trying to manage that. Also, no cigs. Vaping. Well, it's better than smoking if I don't fold. Think it's making me a bit dizzy. Not sure. Oh well, I often get dizzy so guess I'll live. Knock on wood. Again, thanks to all.  :smitten: B

Happy birthday. That was a great birthday wish for yourself.

Hope you have something special and wonderful happen for you!

HUgs