Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

wow. low dose effect.

[km...]

I'm just amazed that as i almost complete the taper how slow you have to go to manage the symptoms. clearly either the body hangs on to that last 2% somehow. but it does adapt if i really slow it down. not that it really matters but i am very curious why i could be so sensitive to changes of .03 mg per day where at the beginning backing off .20 per day was doable. I'm sure doctors nor the pharma companies have any clue why this is because if they cared to explore such an issue, they probably would care enough not to push these drugs on people in the first place.e

We just have to hang in there. I've let it go about the doctors and big pharmaceutical companies. I dwelled on it too long. Now I just try to get better. It's not a picnic though but really I find dwelling on other stuff has become counterproductive. At least for me. Hang in there. B

[7d...]
Yes, I am down to 0.6mg Valium per day and even that low dose still has an effect. I plan to taper slowly with weekly cuts to .5, .4, .3, .2, .1, before jumping off at .1. If I jumped off now I'm sure I'd go into acute withdrawal which I don't want. I'm amazed that I used to take a whole 10mg pill and now I dissolve it and the liquid lasts me 20 days. The brain keeps adjusting down what it needs as you taper down, and it really wants to hold on to that last little bit.

chessplayer - so you are going .5 for a week then .4 for a week etc.? so therefore it might take you 5 weeks to go from .5 to zero? that doesn't sound too far off from me. from 1 mg val equivalent to .5 mg took me about 24 days i think. so if i even slowed further that would make sense that it might take the same. i am at .35 mg val equivalent now and have been going at the same rate and it is too fast. its incredible. its not that i haven't stabilized, i have several times recently. its just that two or three days at drops of .025 per day (val equiv) get ahead of me. its crazy! its like running a marathon and someone keeps moving the finish line every time you get it in sight.

but as much as i want to be done, i don't see the point. there is clear evidence from the small drops that if i tried to jump, i would be in the hurt box, and also, the healing is in fact occurring as i drop, just slowly...

[7d...]
Yes that is my schedule. I have good days and bad days but healing is happening. The important thing is to keep pushing on to 0.