Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

It's been a while….

[Sp...]

So it's been a while since I've been back to check in and because of a PM I just received I thought I would share an update. I am now 5 years give or take post Benzos and living and LOVING life. I am living in a a sunshine filled state and taking advantage of every health filled day! I am sooooo grateful to be here. I have never forgotten for one minute what I went through to get where I am! So to give you all a snapshot of my life today - I am working at two jobs, part time! I am a Director for one of the largest bicycling event organizers in the country! We are ramping up for our biggest yearly event right now! LOVE it!! I am also working at a high end Women's boutique and having fun. I am working out 3-4 x's a week and if the weather allows hiking 10-20 miles! I am in better physical condition at 51 than I ever have been and I feel like i owe that to what I went through. I am taking care of my body and now know that physical activity keeps me mentally , physically and emotionally balanced more than any drug ever could! I have an amazing support system of friends that are all committed to helping each other be the best humans we can be! I hope everyone that reads this will look back at some of my post to know how far I am from where I was and that it will give you all hope and the courage that it takes to put these drugs behind you forever!! Good luck to all of you that are on this journey - you will make it and be forever changed from it!!

Thanks for sharing your story. So good to see people getting healed and become a stronger person. Healing will happen to all of us. I am also almost healed and will be posting my success story soon  :thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONS, Spunky!!!  :smitten: :smitten:

I do remember you from some of your posts. So glad you gave a happy  update. You're living a beautiful life and enjoying it all. Good for you!!!

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing it with us. Too few people do.

Hey Cindy, so nice to hear from you. I hold onto to your success story it gives me HOPE. At 30 months off, much better but not quite healed , yet. Thanks for coming back and giving an update.

Congratulations, Spunky!

I just past my five year anniversary, as well.  I wasn't too active on the boards during my withdrawal, because I literally could not type, but I do remember your handle.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Joe

Hi ya Spunky,

Thanks for coming back and posting such a beautiful update.  You are proof of healing and the joy of living a benzo free life.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Spunky...so good to hear from you! I was thinking of you this week calling on your determination. You've been so kind. It is wonderful to hear your life is full and well.

I'm at almost 15 months off and in a rough wave. I remember you going through similar challenges this far out from last dose. Thank you for documenting your journey. Your success helps me believe in healing.

With warm gratitude,

Carita :smitten:

Hi Spunky

Its great to hear from you, thanks for coming back with a wonderful update.  I am so pleased everything is going well for you.  Its good that you are taking care of your body Spunky, exercise and eating healthy are important!  Good luck with the bicycling event.

Magrita :smitten:

• 1 month later...

It's so bittersweet to hear the well wishes from all of you! This loving support is not always readily available outside of these groups! I want you all to know that the positive energy that is here was a very important part of my healing journey and has helped shape who I am in the world today - benzo free!! Thoughts and prayers are with you! Cindy