Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Clam Taper 1.9mg morning 2mg night (-.1g/week?)

[Un...]

Found this fourm through reddit, 30yr/male experiencing withdrawls around the 12-14hr mark. Dose stated at .25mg 3months ago and tolerance grew fast. Have PTSD, bad social anxiety, and Bi-Polar. I Take 1500mg Lithium Carbonate Daily 5x day/300mgs, 70mg vyvanse/morning for ADD works great take online classes got stait A's last term. I don't drink, sober since Easter '16. Prescribed Propanalol 20mg x3 day. 400mg serroquel for sleep, take 10mg melatonin, and Rx 3mg eszopiclone. 2mgs Clam will stop withdrawl symptoms, and while I have some diclazepam it wont last long at the appropriate levels needed. I was not expecting expecting such horrible withdrawls, or ending up addicted on such as physical level. I'm terrified of having a seizure. It Stops here. All advice/input is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Hello UnbreakablyBad,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  I see you are experiencing interdose withdrawal from Clam, do you mean clonazepam?  That is one of the issues when taking these types of drugs. In addition, it appears you have reached tolerance to the dose you started with requiring increases to achieve the original effect. Are you wanting support and information about tapering off benzos?

You mentioned eszopiclone and diclazepam.  Eszopiclone (Lunesta) is a z drug and affects the central nervous system in the same manner as a benzo. Diclazepam is a "designer" benzo and by using these drugs you are simply trading one dependency for another.

Seizures are actually rare and usually only occur when someone goes cold turkey from a large dose of benzos. With a sensible taper, this will not be an issue.

A slow taper can help to minimize withdrawal symptoms.  Generally a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested.  I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

Take some time and read the links and other information about long term use of benzos.  Please feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.  With a good plan, it is possible to be benzo free.

General Taper Plans

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)