Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Advice nurse said 7 day detox off klonopin works for benzo addicts - Crazy!

[he...]

I called the Veterans Advice nurse and told her my situation about feeling so ill at 47mg of Valium for three weeks now cause my body just does not want to adjust. In fact its getting worse. I told her about my episode at the detox center where they took away my Klonopin I have been on for 11 years and put me on Valium and tapered me down to 5mg in 7 days and I told her it was a scam.

She said, "what you call a scam, works very well for others" and she said that people can tolerate that type of taper and become benzo free without any withdrawals or suffering. I just told her I got the wrong advice nurse and hung up on her.

Now has anyone on here ever heard of tapering off of any hard core benzo in 7 or so days and feel like they are cured, benzo free and back to their normal self's again before they ever started taking a Benz in their life???? 

Just wondering what others might think of this?

Heather

I have heard that half to most people can taper off of benzo with little to no problem. This would greatly help to explain why so many doctors no so little about benzo withdrawal because most of their patients are able to taper off easily perhaps.

Then there are the rest of us who have anywhere from mild to severe withdrawal symptoms.

I read that half of all people can get off with no problems at all, 25% with mild to moderate symptoms and the other 25% from moderate to severe.

Just read that once a couple of years ago.

I think it is crazy to try to taper off in 7 days if someone is physically dependent.

Thank you, Saul43 for your input on this post.

This site even states it itself, "For help and support for the problems and issues associated with sudden or rapid withdrawal of benzodiazepines. Please note, outside of exceptional circumstances, rapid withdrawal of benzodiazepines is ill-advised and potentially dangerous. Please read the stickied post for further information.

And so many other reputable sites say the exact same thing.  She just made me so mad and she should not be telling patients this, as she could potentially put a patient at serious medical risk or even death if they believe her.  She has the wrong job for sure, in my opinion.

I have heard that half to most people can taper off of benzo with little to no problem. This would greatly help to explain why so many doctors no so little about benzo withdrawal because most of their patients are able to taper off easily perhaps.

Then there are the rest of us who have anywhere from mild to severe withdrawal symptoms.

I read that half of all people can get off with no problems at all, 25% with mild to moderate symptoms and the other 25% from moderate to severe.

Just read that once a couple of years ago.

I think it is crazy to try to taper off in 7 days if someone is physically dependent.

I don't buy into this or believe this for one single minute. I just know it's not true. ANYONE taking these drugs will have a hard time coming off of them and you can take that to the bank. I really don't know exactly what's going on here, I haven't figured it out myself yet that's for sure. Back in the 90's both my mom and aunt got addicted to benzo's. They told them they could just taper off of them fast or even go Cold Turkey but dead wrong ! It took these so called "normal people" many years to get off this stuff. I know about friends that went to jail and they told me about people in there going literally nuts when trying to come off these drugs and they started to see bugs crawling over the walls all around the place. Again "normal people" right ?? I don't know what's going on too exactly but the government is trying about anything to make us believe that most people or 50% can taper off benzo's with little or no problems. Ya right ! And pigs can fly ... I say no to this lie. I been having a lot of so called "normal" friends trying to get off and I've seen too many "normal" people trying to get off. Why is it so hard for some of us to see that obviously after they come off they either reinstate after a short time or they are getting in tremendous trouble mentally and physically. If they would admit benzo's are really bad drugs they would all lose their income, pharmacies would need to close down, psychologists, therapists and doctors would lose their jobs. I think there are even a lot of other health related and criminal problems that are benzo related. But they need the money !!!!!! These drugs are making patients and money for their clinics and practices. Benzo's are being sold for the money !!!!!!