Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Filler vs. Actual Benzo

[Tr...]

In a .50mg pill on generic K, how much would you say is actual benzo?  Cutting pills curious how much medicine I'm actually getting.

TRY

In a .50mg pill on generic K, how much would you say is actual benzo?  Cutting pills curious how much medicine I'm actually getting.

TRY

Based on numerous posts with actual tablet weights, your pill probably weighs approx 110-140mg.  If we take  the midpoint of 25mg, then your .50mg tablet is approx .4% med, and 99.6% other ingredients.

But in a .5mg tablet, there should be .5mg med!

TRY

Based on numerous posts with actual tablet weights, your pill probably weighs approx 110-140mg.  If we take  the midpoint of 25mg, then your .50mg tablet is approx .4% med, and 99.6% other ingredients.

Not sure... A .5mg pill only has approx. .4% filler? 

TRY

Not sure... A .5mg pill only has approx. .4% filler?

No, your .5mg pill only contains about .4% (4/10ths%) med, the other 99.6% of the pill is fillers, binders, colorants, and other non-med ingredients.

But it DOES contain .5mg of klonopin.

Here is a post with the actual weights of a .5mg K tablet.  They range from 169mg to 170mg.  So the percentage of actual K in these tablets would be .5mg/170mg, or .3 (3/10ths) of a percent.

But they still contain .5mg of K.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=58122.0

Wow, so cutting is rather hit or miss for getting actual benzo. 

Here is a post with the actual weights of a .5mg K tablet.  They range from 169mg to 170mg.  So the percentage of actual K in these tablets would be .5mg/170mg, or .3 (3/10ths) of a percent.

But they still contain .5mg of K.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=58122.0

Wow, so cutting is rather hit or miss for getting actual benzo.

Well, I really wouldn't say that.  If you start with a .5mg tablet that weighs 170mg, and take off 10% of the tablet, you remove 17mg of weight, and at least theoretically,  .05mg of K. 

But, that's only true if the med is uniformly distributed in the tablet...and it most likely is NOT uniformly distributed.  But from dose to dose, it will tend to even out.  Many folks do just fine with a dry cut taper. The percentage of med compared to the  other ingredients isn't really important.  Whether is .5%, 1%, 2%, etc really won't make any difference.

But liquid is definitely more precise and uniform. ;)

Disney, how are you feeling?  Ms. K Free!!!

Feeling good.

Thank you for asking.  :smitten:

YES!!!!!    Sooooo Happy For You!!!  Way to go DG!!