Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When is acute phase supposed to start?

[Fa...]

I stopped taking Klonopin four days ago from 0.1 mgs. I was wondering if I'm already supposed to be in the acute phase of withdrawal or for Klonopin it starts later.

I think it is kind of individual but if you have to ask then the answer may be no. There was no denying it when I had it, I could not sleep or eat, I had vertigo and kept falling down. If you don't have any of those symptoms you are doing better than I was.

Nope. I just get random electric feelings in my body and feels like I'm buzzing, somewhat trembling from inside. I'm not comfortable at all since it feels like I'm wired to an electric generator! I can eat even if I noticed I tend to get nervous if I don't eat often. Maybe I have some issues in regulating glycemia! But at the moment I'm still functional. No anxiety nor insomnia but I'm on another drug to prevent these.

I'm just scared it could get worse soon.

I stopped taking Klonopin four days ago from 0.1 mgs. I was wondering if I'm already supposed to be in the acute phase of withdrawal or for Klonopin it starts later.

Mine started 5-6 off klonopin. I didn't feel that bad up until that point. Then all heal broke loose. I also jumped at a higher dose and did a half ass taper so you might be in better shape. Like Davis said everyone's experience is individual.

Congratulations FadingOutLight on being klonopin free!  I wonder too but, am just taking it a day at a time.  I get really low blood sugar right now and am constantly eating small snacks to keep LBS anxiety from kicking in. Hang in there!

i came off Ativan. It has a much shorter half life. My acute period started on the 3rd day. It may have started sooner but i was on a hefty dose of phenobarbitol at a detox. K has a longer half life. However, at four days in I would say you are in the acute phase of withdrawal.  Not everyone has a horrific time during this period. It is just when symptoms are their very worst. They can range from physical to mental symptoms and everywhere in between. On average the acute phase lasts about a month with some noticeable improvement felt after. :smitten:

1.5 to 2 weeks and mine came on slow. Then full force.

Everyone is different.

I'm guessing there are thousands who never make it to this board as they just skate through.

1.5 to 2 weeks and mine came on slow. Then full force.

Everyone is different.

I'm guessing there are thousands who never make it to this board as they just skate through.

We call those lucky thousands.... Lucky Bastards lol  :sick::thumbsup: