Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Length of time on benzos...

[so...]

Does it matter at all? I mean logically I think the longer you have been on the longer you taper and if you've not been on it too long you should be able to taper faster but thats not the case and in a way its so unfair. 2-3 months I was on prior to my taper and its fucked me up, sometimes I wish I had years of relief from my panic if I was going to go through this as it seems time on it doesn't even matter. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say here lol but it sucks that a few months at quite a low dose has screwed me so bad then there us others coming off after years having it not so bad. I dont mean that in a bad way, I dont want anyone to suffer this.

Sonia, good question! My take on the situation is it`s all individual but common sense would say the longer on it the harder to get off but then again not a lot of real sense in any of this is there ? Be well ~CD

Yes it the fact there is no sense in any of this! Its just insanity. All the not knowing what's ahead drives me crazy too be cause there is no telling.

Yes it the fact there is no sense in any of this! Its just insanity. All the not knowing what's ahead drives me crazy too be cause there is no telling.

Sonia, work on staying positive I know it can be very hard. Realize the fear and doubts are the withdrawal talking and it`s all about time doing the healing and us staying as positive as we can and I do know just how hard this can be as I been at it 2 years tapering so just go slow as going fast will just most likely make thing worse !

The first taper is the easiest one no matter how long you've been on it. I've been on it for over 20 years and I did a successful fairly fast Valium taper. The cross over to Valium was a non event, as a matter of fact it was even fun and I felt like a billion dollars. Just tapered down 1 mg a week in the beginning, sometimes even bigger cuts in the beginning of 2.5 per 2 weeks. Got a little anxiety towards the end, then jumped from 1 mg and got it over with. Was a cakewalk to be honest. Then after 3 years being benzo free I been so stupid to get back on and eventually reinstated everything. So I was thinking : "Let's do the Valium taper again ! It will be a cakewalk ... ". So after only being on it again for as little as 3 months I did the cross over to Valium and started tapering again. It was a nightmare ! A total nightmare !!!! Every 1 mg cut I did was felt horrendously. I had symptoms I never had the first time I tapered and still have them. Eventually I had to throw the towel in the ring when I tried to go from 4 mg to 3 mg I just couldn't stand it anymore and reinstated once again. So please don't let it happen twice ....