Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

6mg of diazpam ready to cut?but how ?

[Pi...]

Hi I need some advice please?am ready to do a cut...currently on 6mg of diazpam!my tablets are 2mg at first I was doing 1mg cuts (way to bad)so shall I cut a 2 mg pill to 1mg then half that?any advice would be great,an how long should I hold this cut for?i have no idea please help

Hi I need some advice please?am ready to do a cut...currently on 6mg of diazpam!my tablets are 2mg at first I was doing 1mg cuts (way to bad)so shall I cut a 2 mg pill to 1mg then half that?any advice would be great,an how long should I hold this cut for?i have no idea please help

Hi PF  :hug: Yes cut a 2mg in half then half again so you then have 1/4 of an mg, and see how you go from there, and if that proves too much cut the 1/4 in half to make 1/8  of an mg. I started off stopping 1/4 of 2 mg pills but then had to go to 1/8 as it was too much after a while in the lower doses, I am now lower again and will probably  have to start cutting  out less again soon :)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi  :) thank you will try today an see how it goes!!am with you now how to do it...am also under a lot of stress at the moment.am with my partner but he lives away an only comes thru once a week.he was understanding st first,but his losing patience now.Am torn in too as I know he doesn't love me,but am afraid to let go because of the frightened state am in.so I feel really stressed an his making matters worse have got it into my head I need him for this to get thru it.yet on the other hand am always stressed out not knowing where am coming or going with him 😥!I feel trapped by it all...plus have got a son who is 9 my heads all over.its like I don't have the strength to keep fighting for my partner but yet petrified of him going!plus the diazpam is having a paradoxical effect on me.i just seem in a mess.my son needs me but yet we're alone with all this!!sorry for venting today just am feeling hopeless an over whelmed by everything xx

Hi PF  :hug: Yes cut a 2mg in half then half again so you then have 1/4 of an mg, and see how you go from there, and if that proves too much cut the 1/4 in half to make 1/8  of an mg. I started off stopping 1/4 of 2 mg pills but then had to go to 1/8 as it was too much after a while in the lower doses, I am now lower again and will probably  have to start cutting  out less again soon :)

Nope, half of 2mg is 1mg, half of 1mg is 1/2 mg.

Hi I need some advice please?am ready to do a cut...currently on 6mg of diazpam!my tablets are 2mg at first I was doing 1mg cuts (way to bad)so shall I cut a 2 mg pill to 1mg then half that?any advice would be great,an how long should I hold this cut for?'i have no idea please help

That will give you .5mg.  From 6mg, that's a 8% cut.  That a pretty aggressive cut, but might be do-able.

You need to hold until your recover from the cut.  You'll know when.

Hi I need some advice please?am ready to do a cut...currently on 6mg of diazpam!my tablets are 2mg at first I was doing 1mg cuts (way to bad)so shall I cut a 2 mg pill to 1mg then half that?any advice would be great,an how long should I hold this cut for?'i have no idea please help

That will give you .5mg.  From 6mg, that's a 8% cut.  That a pretty aggressive cut, but might be do-able.

builder is right, you want to stabilize as best as possible between cuts, and since Valium has such a long half life it can take sometimes over a week to feel the full effects of a cut.

builder is right, you want to stabilize as best as possible between cuts, and since Valium has such a long half life it can take sometimes over a week to feel the full effects of a cut.

For reference, lately I have needed to hold 3-4 weeks to stabilize between 0.5 mg cuts. I'm currently on 8.5 mg V. Maybe Nova meant to say cutting a pill in half and then half again is 1/4 a pill? Which is 0.5 mg when cutting a 2 mg pill as builder stated above.

For reference, lately I have needed to hold 3-4 weeks to stabilize between 0.5 mg cuts. I'm currently on 8.5 mg V. Maybe Nova meant to say cutting a pill in half and then half again is 1/4 a pill? Which is 0.5 mg when cutting a 2 mg pill as builder stated above.

Hi Hope :hug: Indeed I did  :thumbsup:

Hi BB...am confused am sorry,so I cut my 2 mg pill in 4??yes going to hold for 3-4 weeks.am in a bad wave at the moment so shall I still cut?could the wave have anything to do with dropping down from 15 matazipine to 7.5?was only on 15 for 5 days,that was 6 days ago...thanks for all your support!i feel like a small child going this.prob because am alone....an terror its crippling me,any ideas what I need to do please?this is bringing me to my knees I feel like have cut 1mg I haven't even cut yet

Xx

Hi BB...am confused am sorry,so I cut my 2 mg pill in 4??yes going to hold for 3-4 weeks.am in a bad wave at the moment so shall I still cut?could the wave have anything to do with dropping down from 15 matazipine to 7.5?was only on 15 for 5 days,that was 6 days ago...thanks for all your support!i feel like a small child going this.prob because am alone....an terror its crippling me,any ideas what I need to do please?this is bringing me to my knees I feel like have cut 1mg I haven't even cut yet

Xx

How long have you been on 6mg? I generally don't cut when things are bad, only

When my symptoms are tolerable. If you want to cut 0.5 mg from your daily then you will

Need to cut your pill in 4 pieces (each piece is 0.5 mg).

Going with what hope said,  you would take two of the two mg pills (whole), half of a 2 mg pill and a quarter of a two mg pill which adds up to 5.5 mg of Valium. Recommend starting this when you are feeling relatively ok, perhaps after 2-3 weeks at your current dose.

2 month think have held long enough...but am under loads of stress so this is complicating the matter!!an also feeding my fear by been in all door.i need to start walking an doing things to distract...when things have settled down I will make another cut...for now I need to get a grip an get some control before I cut again.hope your ok,your doing amazing keep going x

2 month think have held long enough...but am under loads of stress so this is complicating the matter!!an also feeding my fear by been in all door.i need to start walking an doing things to distract...when things have settled down I will make another cut...for now I need to get a grip an get some control before I cut again.hope your ok,your doing amazing keep going x

Good luck and thanks! I really hope things settle down for you soon.

Guys things are getting pretty desperate am getting 2 hours sleep an I think am losing it.i take 7.5 of matazipine it's not working!!what other meds will help because it feels like am going insane...which sleeping aids won't affect the gaba...have heard sequel or trazdone which is best?any advice would be brilliant an struggling to keep a grip on reality because of sleep I feel scared stiff as am on my own with my son...can't believe am in this mess!am getting worse

Mirtazapine stopped working very quickly for me too when I used it a long time ago. People say it works better for sleep at lower doses even 3.75 mg?

I never tried seroquel because the side effects were too scary even when I was desperate, but other have had luck with it.

Trazodone felt like a heavy dose of benedryl and didnt help much for sleep.

The best thing that helps me with sleep is to know that there isnt anything I have to do to make it happen. It will happen when your body is ready. Is there anyone who can come stay with you for a week or two to help with your son? A relative or a friend? It was hard for me to ask for help, but once I did I found lots of help- even neighbors wanted to watch the kids for me (for free) when I really needed it.

Good luck and remember this will pass,

JKS

Hi swim sorry for the late reply hope your well ❤️!!!am still not sleeping have had 6 hours in four days...no there's nobody!!am getting desperate.my anxiety is thru the roof it feels like am losing it...I don't know what to do any more am frightened

Are you still on the zopiclone? That also effects GABA and sleep. Looking at your sig there are a lot of different meds there. I think it took six weeks after my mirtazipine experiments for sleep to settle. Maybe no more valium cuts until things calm down a bit?

JKS

Hi swim,no stopped the zopiclone 3 month ago.i will also be in protracted with drawals from my ... doc tapering me off Paxil in 4 weeks after 3 year use!!every thing is out of hand I don't feel strong enough for all this shit!!!!every day am suffering its inhuman my son only as me,have been offered olanzapine 2.5 am desperate but ain't a clue am so naive...

Am getting weaker by the day,have got months of this...I can't handle it,am not strong enough or have no coping skills apart from smoking!!am in a right mess an get see,it feels like am going down a wrong road we have no support from no where....any body any advice where I go from here??bbs I need some support an guidance xx

How did you feel at 8 mg diazepam? I am wondering if all the switching around has been hard on you, might be better to go back to a dose where you were stable and get some strength to restart the taper? I know going back is disappointing but going forward if you are feeling this awful is difficult too. There are some people who never feel like they stabilize during the taper and go forward anyway- not saying that to scare you, just that I have heard people succeed that way as well.

I believe olanazipine is seroquel? I read about the side effects of that drug when I was offered it and decided it wasnt for me.

Take care,

JKS

They have messed around with so much meds I just don't have a clue anymore where to go from here!!i don't think had have the heart to go back up an do this all again!!thank you for advice tho,am going to have to do something....I believe my cns is messed up from the rapid taper off Paxil I ain't clue what to do from here xx

Sorry I dont have any other suggestions- maybe others will?

All I can tell you for sure is that even people who have been polydrugged for years and have very difficult tapers get better. It will get better.

JKS

Thank you swim....it's a lot of meds in a years time frame no wonder am a mess...I just don't know what to do,what to take what to reinstate am clueless about it all!my word give me back my iron gal anxiety any day....x