Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Coming close to the halfway point in my temazepam taper

[no...]

I have been titrating 30 mg tamazepam in a 100 ml cylinder.  I started out cutting by 3 ml/day which was too fast.  I held for a bit and then slowed down to cutting by 2 ml/day.  This has been going very well, but I am reaching the 1/2 way point and needed guidance on how to titrate from that point.

Do I continue with a 30 mg pill diluted in 100 ml, take out 1/2 of the mixture & store it in the refrig., & use the other 1/2?  If so, what do I now cut by to stay on schedule - I would expect the same schedule as long as it continues to work fine (2 ml/day)... Is there any other guidance or info. that I need to know?

I also have a prescription for 15 mg temazepam - should I use that now instead of the 30 mg pills?  If so, how much water & how to keep on this schedule?

This site has been so helpful, I really appreciate that I had somewhere to go when my dr. & insurance company were not interested in helping me!

Thank you!!  :D

Congratulations nordstrom!  :thumbsup: If the rate has been working well for you, I see no reason to change it.

If you take the 15 mg. capsule, and put it into 50 mls of water, you will get the same dilution as you were working with before. You can then cut 1 ml per day to stay at the same rate (basically halving everything).

You might want to think about slowing down a bit when you get to just a few milligrams of temazepam (like 10 mls of solution or less), as the lower doses have stronger effects, but listen to your body.

Thank you, Meowie!  I'll be hitting the homestretch soon...I'm really nervous about the last part, but the better I'm prepared for it the better chance I have to move through it successfully!  :-\