Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feel like throwing up

[Re...]

Allday off and on I feel like vomiting . I have had this before but not as bad. When I was driving I had to pull over it got so bad. Thought I was gonna spew my guts all over my car. Does anyone else get this?  :sick:

I am thinking of making myself throw up to see if it helps?

Thanks

Remy

Allday off and on I feel like vomiting . I have had this before but not as bad. When I was driving I had to pull over it got so bad. Thought I was gonna spew my guts all over my car. Does anyone else get this?  :sick:

I am thinking of making myself throw up to see if it helps?

Thanks

Remy

Hi there Remy, this was my very first symptom during withdrawal, it felt like I was going to throw up, I even had the gag-reflexed, but nothing happened, nothing came out. This lasted for quite a long time for me, several weeks. But then it went away. This usually happens when we cut too much benzo's. I went off the drugs very quickly and i payed for it with these awful symptoms. Or you might have eaten something you're stomach can't handle, our stomach is so sensitive during recovery. I recommend you not throw up if you know you have eaten something you're body can handle, puking is a reflex we only should use to discard food that we shouldn't digest. If you haven't eaten anything and you get the urge to puke, don't do it, you will just puke out stomach acid, and this might damage you're esophagus. So be careful.

I get this all the time Remy. For me it's connected to my headaches. My neck and shoulders get tight. I feel woozy. It happens a lot when my stress is increased

Hey Remy! I started getting this around my second month off, it was accompanied with severe nausea, stomach cramps and an overall feeling of sickness. I think anxiety further messed things up. I have to travel very frequently between cities and I started worrying about having to travel under these circumstances. In fact, I'm on a 5 hour bus ride as i write this. I find that I feel better if I can calm myself down - which is never easy, all things considered. I would like to add that no matter how sick I felt, I never actually got to throwing up - I though about forcing myself to do it but didn't since I thought that I wasn't actually sick. Like maybe if I had food poisoning or something similar it would make more sense to eject the stomach contents causing the problem, but in this case it was just elevated nausea and panic.

I have started feeling better at least when it comes to this symptom and I think calming down always helped since my root cause for most symptoms has been anxiety.

You may want to try a hot cup of green tea every now and then to see if it helps - it works for me  :)

Hello Remy. I had three very isolated instances when I just knew I would vomit but did not. Twice during month 2 after my last dose of Klonopin, once in month 5. Each time started with intense stomach pain, hypersalivation and the shakes. It always lasted about 15-20 minutes and then I was fine. It hasn't happened in almost 4 months. There seemed to be no cause other than withdrawal. I hope it goes away for you soon.