Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Jumped 6 days ago - Bad reaction going to the store

[Kl...]

I have been progressively getting better and better every day this week, yesterday I felt close to normal and had a good nights sleep. This morning I also felt the best I have since this all started. I just went to Costco with my girlfriend and felt fine driving, but once I walked in I got this tingling all over and some throat tightness. I assumed it was anxiety and started to try and control my breathing. I was able to get through it all, though uncomfortable. I checked my HR and it was pretty much normal, so I doesn't feel like it was a panic attack. Once I got home I took a bath, and then it's taken maybe an hour and I feel like my body is calming down again finally.

Anyone have experience with something like this? Maybe from the walking, or noise stimulation or both? Reminded me that I'm not quite through this yet.

Thanks!

Hi,  this is normal and it's happened to many.  The noises, clutter, flourescent lighting, and for me, even the bright colors in large stores bothered me a lot.  Some find wearing sunglasses indoors helps, or going to smaller more familiar markets and not spending a lot of time there.  Those things helped me.

You're doing well to be going to a sensory-nightmare place like Costco already!  Noise, jostling, fluorescent lights, chaos...I'd say you passed the acid test of shopping by making it through Costco.  Personally, I had to go sit in the car the first time I went to Costco post taper.

Carry on, it'll get much easier!

Also, at 6 days off you're in acute withdrawal right now, and your system is likely to be highly sensitive to any stimulation.  That's normal too.

Ok, good to know, thanks! I was at my local supermarket yesterday without having this happen to me. I am feeling things out to see if I can get back to work on Monday. Maybe I need to work at home for a bit.

I also noticed that walking around after this happened didn't feel too good. Being inactive is hard for me, hopefully this improves soon.

Also, at 6 days off you're in acute withdrawal right now, and your system is likely to be highly sensitive to any stimulation.  That's normal too.

You took the words right out of my mouth megan.