Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need support! 6 mos. out and going backwards.

[To...]

I don't post a lot, infact only when I need help.  Kind of selfish, but some stories are real depressing.  Now I know why.  I'm 6.5 months out since jump.  The last month has been kind of easy.  Had alot of better than average days, still had sxs but could cope.  The waves would come and go, but no real problems.  The last week has been hell, almost everything has returned.  What I need is support that this is common.  I know all the graphs and reading point to that I probably have a year to feel better.  Is this a major set back or just a high wave?  Thanks

TooOld,

Setbacks are as predictable as the sun rising!  And they can be bad!  But remember that they are a sign of healing, and as you continue healing, the setbacks will be less frequent and severe.

A prayer for you!

ty

My guess would be that a stressful event has revved up your symptoms (wave).  It doesn't mean you're not healing or that your healing has stopped, it simply means take it easy and let things settle down.

Nearly every wave I had could be traced back to an emotional or physical stressor.  I hope yours settles down soon!

Hi, you are now at the time that usually sees symptoms easing ..they don't go away but get easier less Intense ... they will go then new ones emerge but you're healing through it all ... there are some nice months just a step in front of you now ...you will smile soon. Love Tass.x

I don't post a lot, infact only when I need help.  Kind of selfish, but some stories are real depressing.  Now I know why.  I'm 6.5 months out since jump.  The last month has been kind of easy.  Had alot of better than average days, still had sxs but could cope.  The waves would come and go, but no real problems.  The last week has been hell, almost everything has returned.  What I need is support that this is common.  I know all the graphs and reading point to that I probably have a year to feel better.  Is this a major set back or just a high wave?  Thanks

I had a set back after surgery on my 3rd mo.  It set me back to acute. 

Still there but with a window here and there

I think it was from the steroids I had after for a week