Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ITCHING!!! MY GOODNESS

[Mb...]

I am itching so bad on my face, my ears and my head. My hair touching my ears and face is making me itch to. I got a flu shot today and am wondering if that has anything to do with it. I get one every year, and this has never happened before. Maybe it's not the shot at all. I don't know. Anyone else experience this itching?

Could be you are mildly allergic to something in the flu shot?  Can you take Benadryl ok?  If so try one and see if that helps.

LOL...it's a trip. I've jumped out of bed many times at 2 AM heading for a hot bath...calmed it down....wanted to rip my skin off.  It has passed...not fun....

Meee It kept me awake all Tuesday night ...my eyes my eyebrows cheeks top of nose ear forehead eyelashes itched ...just awful I could have screamed .. I just  itched one and it was somewhere else //my hair ...had this over the later months it comes and goes ...my eyelashes usually fall out and eyebrows, they have done this a lot then grown again....hope it is soon gone for you . x

I am itching so bad on my face, my ears and my head. My hair touching my ears and face is making me itch to. I got a flu shot today and am wondering if that has anything to do with it. I get one every year, and this has never happened before. Maybe it's not the shot at all. I don't know. Anyone else experience this itching?

Hey  Mbusybee  :hug:,

I had this early in acute, but it went away. It was awful. But I know you're not in acute, right?  So I'm wondering if you're right in thinking it might be a side effect of the shot?? 

When I had my itching, I itched so hard I got welts and these teeny tiny little red bumps, some of which stayed on my upper arms. I itched almost everywhere, pretty soon I tried to control my itching so it wouldn't leave any more marks. I guess I just made myself not scratch. I'm going on 4 months out and I still get those itches on occasion, but nothing like at first.

You might want to check with wherever you got the shot and ask them some questions.

Good luck to you...hope you can stop the itching soon.....~CeCe        :smitten:

I don't use any Shampoo, Parfum, creames and other stuff. Only water. The Last Time i have used shampoo, my scalp and later whole body started terrible, buring and become painfull.

Since then i don't use any chemical, also no organic skin products on my Body. The hypersensitive System can't handle the toxic substances.

Thanks for all the replies. It seems better today. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, and I am now 5 months out. It may just be a mild reaction to the shot. At least that's what I'm thinking. It caused a lot of anxiety yesterday, but so far, it's better today. Hope it doesn't come back. I felt like I had fleas. Thanks for the responses.

Thanks for all the replies. It seems better today. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, and I am now 5 months out. It may just be a mild reaction to the shot. At least that's what I'm thinking. It caused a lot of anxiety yesterday, but so far, it's better today. Hope it doesn't come back. I felt like I had fleas. Thanks for the responses.

Good to know, Mbusybee....I hope it doesn't come back either. Keep us posted!  ~CeCe    :mybuddy: