Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How often do you guys dose ?

[To...]

How often do you guys dose ? Is it better to dose more during the day ? I heard of people in here that are dosing 4 to 5 times with Valium and divide their doses into little bits taken every few hours. I am getting confused because of this. I don't understand it because then there are others saying you only need to dose 1 time a day with Valium. Small difference in time and work don't you think ? Cutting up your pills and taking them 5 times a day or not cutting the pill up that much and just take it in one go ... I am currently taking 2 middle short acting benzo's and I dose them both once a day. I don't see or feel a problem. I'm clearheaded during the day. I do feel a little bit of interdose withdrawal before I have to dose the first time of the day. I wait all day until early evening before I take my first dose but it doesn't seem to effect me. Even if I would drink a few energy drinks. Would I feel more calm and stable dosing more often taking smaller doses versus taking 2 bigger doses ?

I dose my Valium 4x. Duration of action is short plus an old habit from my Xanax days..........

Betsy :)

:o  Interesting. Yes duration of action for Valium is very short to say the least. Last time I took it I remember feeling a big bang one hour after taking it, I thought "Wow, I bet this time I will get some relief for a few hours ..." but oh no just another hour later it was all gone and I got paradoxical. I'm currently not taking Valium anymore because it has gotten just plain useless and especially at such a low dose of 15 mg a day  .        :brickwall:

I'm stuck with it. If I was able, I would have done a direct taper off my klonopin. Valium is such a dirty drug......

Betsy :)

I found myself in an immense state of worrying coming off Valium which I don't have with coming off the other benzo's. This really strook me last time I tapered it down. Worrying, worrying, worrying .... It was nothing like me to worry so excessive but coming off Valium ....    :sick:

Used to 4X a day. Old habits die hard and Valium has been my nastiest drug. Short duration, long half life. Wish I'd never bothered with it at all but stuck now. So 4X it is. Yes, blah! B

Used to 4X a day. Old habits die hard and Valium has been my nastiest drug. Short duration, long half life. Wish I'd never bothered with it at all but stuck now. So 4X it is. Yes, blah! B

Blah blah blah !!!!!!      :tickedoff:

Yeah I dose diazepam 5x a day on my current dose (16mg daily using 5mg and 2mg pills)

Will be doing 4x a day on Monday when i cut to 14mg.

Yeah I dose diazepam 5x a day on my current dose (16mg daily using 5mg and 2mg pills)

Will be doing 4x a day on Monday when i cut to 14mg.

Most interesting ! I'm currently not tapering off the Valium and holding on my former benzo's being the equivalent dose of 20 mg of Valium a day. But I will be resuming my taper back in January due to the fall being an immense bad time of the year for me. I would be dosing 2 times with Valium like I always did. But the plan you are prescribing here with the 5 and 2 mg tablets seems worth trying. I might actually give this a shot ! This way you get a steady flow of Diazepam althrough the day, it builds up more and more and you might not get as much tolerance withdrawal because you're not taking such high doses in one go. I really like this plan and the idea behind it Autism25. I'm going to try this out myself. Thank you !!!!!      :tickedoff:

Yeah when I hit 10 mg will dose 5X. 2mg X 5. Keeps the flow going. Also keeps my doses lower because the bigger doses make me sick. Did 5X on 25 mg. 5X5. Was thinking about 3X but I've decided no way. Contemplating a cut today to 11.5. 2.5 X 3 time plus 2 X 2times. Might be worth a shot. Right now I have my highest dose in the morning but only 2 at bed. Might be able to avoid going back to bed after my first dose. Too late today actually but think I'll try tomorrow. Want smaller amounts more often. So start at 9 a.m. 5X till 9.p.m. (Every 3 hrs instead of every 4 like now). Valium has been my worst nightmare. Wish I could just toss it. Blah 10 fold. Also means I can stop quartering the stupid stuff. B

Yeah when I hit 10 mg will dose 5X. 2mg X 5. Keeps the flow going. Also keeps my doses lower because the bigger doses make me sick. Did 5X on 25 mg. 5X5. Was thinking about 3X but I've decided no way. Contemplating a cut today to 11.5. 2.5 X 3 time plus 2 X 2times. Might be worth a shot. Right now I have my highest dose in the morning but only 2 at bed. Might be able to avoid going back to bed after my first dose. Too late today actually but think I'll try tomorrow. Want smaller amounts more often. So start at 9 a.m. 5X till 9.p.m. (Every 3 hrs instead of every 4 like now). Valium has been my worst nightmare. Wish I could just toss it. Blah 10 fold. Also means I can stop quartering the stupid stuff. B

I know barb I don't like Valium too anymore but now I'm going to be off it for 3 months and I'm almost convinced it will kick back in great when I'm resuming my taper in January. But for now I just can't take it anymore. If I'm lucky 5 mg will give me a buzz about 1 hour later and after that I get like really sleepy and anxious and stressed. It has turned on me, it works paradoxical. You guys are on to something here with dosing 5x with 2 mg tablets and Autism working with 5 and 2 mg tablets. If I would do this I will have to give up on the energy drinks though, they kind of help me with my depression.    :-\