Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Today's My Birthday and I planned to jump but I'm holding off

[ny...]

I started my taper back in June and had planned on 2 months.  But listening to my body and all the great support here I slowed down.  I have been very fortunate with Tinnitus as the only constant symptom.  I targeted today to jump and I'm on .11 Clonazepam, but I'm going to taper another couple of weeks down to .06.    My symptoms have gotten better on the lower doses.  I didn't make plans cause I didn't know how I would feel.  I wouldn't want all that pressure if it were a crappy day.  I'll probably meet up with friends if I feel good but this drug robs us of so much....

I started my taper back in June and had planned on 2 months.  But listening to my body and all the great support here I slowed down.  I have been very fortunate with Tinnitus as the only constant symptom.  I targeted today to jump and I'm on .11 Clonazepam, but I'm going to taper another couple of weeks down to .06.    My symptoms have gotten better on the lower doses.  I didn't make plans cause I didn't know how I would feel.  I wouldn't want all that pressure if it were a crappy day.  I'll probably meet up with friends if I feel good but this drug robs us of so much....

Hope you had a  :happybday:.....with many, many more to come! Good decision on the taper. I think you'll be happier and successful just taking it slow.  ~CeCe

Happy birthday to you!!

Fair enough with your taper - you have to feel comfortable and it has to be your plan. Sounds like you're doing awesome and that's the whole idea of taper - to try to avoid acute symptoms.

Hope you had a fantastic birthday. Lots of cake. Yum. Hope you behaved yourself too. Well not really. That's no fun. Happy birthday hugs. B

Thanks Barb!  Tinnitus is singing Happy Birthday to me all day!

:happybday:Have a wonderful day, and I think you are wise to not rush, especially since you are feeling fairly well, it is  better not to {{{{Jump}}}} but to gently [glow=red,2,300]"WALK OFF." :smitten::thumbsup:[/glow]

:happybday:Have a wonderful day, and I think you are wise to not rush, especially since you are feeling fairly well, it is  better not to {{{{Jump}}}} but to gently [glow=red,2,300]"WALK OFF." :smitten::thumbsup:[/glow]

:thumbsup:  I agree with BeGood. 

Happy Birthday!!

Happy birthday, dear NYC!  :D

Thank you!!!!

Hope you had a fantastic birthday. Lots of cake. Yum. Hope you behaved yourself too. Well not really. That's no fun. Happy birthday hugs. B

Mine never sings anything quite so nice.... although it spares me from Justin Beiber or Wham.

Happy Bday

:laugh: 

Happy belated birthday to you!  :happybday:

Happy birthday Libra girl! I bet you debated that one to death. Good for you, taking care of yourself. Now you'll have 2 birthdays to celebrate. My AA birthday is exactly 2 weeks prior to my natal birthday. It's kind of a long personal happy time each year.  :thumbsup: HM

Mine never sings anything quite so nice.... although it spares me from Justin Beiber or Wham.

Happy Bday

You mean you got the dentist drill too???

:laugh: 

Happy belated birthday to you!  :happybday:

Thanks Challis, you're the best!

Happy birthday Libra girl! I bet you debated that one to death. Good for you, taking care of yourself. Now you'll have 2 birthdays to celebrate. My AA birthday is exactly 2 weeks prior to my natal birthday. It's kind of a long personal happy time each year.  :thumbsup: HM

Thank you!  Well, it's Libra boy not girl, but I am gay, so you're not all that wrong!

i would try to taper lower, i had a failed taper in the past, jumping from 0.07 sent me into hell

should have held longer, and prob went all the way till 0.0.1

i would try to taper lower, i had a failed taper in the past, jumping from 0.07 sent me into hell

should have held longer, and prob went all the way till 0.0.1

Wow I'm sorry to hear that but good to know.  I'm pretty sure I'l go down as low as I can measure.....02 or so thanks!