Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Bruising

[Do...]

Hello everyone,

I just recently started tapering off of Klonopin (a little too fast, from 1 mg to .5 per doctors orders, but I can't do anything until I find another psychiatrist).  About the 2 week mark, I started bruising like crazy.  Everything touching me is turning into a bruise, and rubbing my spasming muscles has left me looking like a punching bag.  Is this common?  I read that klonopin can affect your platelets and white blood cell count, but I have no idea if this is one of those extremely rare things, or if it is common?  Any suggestions to help with the bruising?  (I realize of all the withdrawal symptoms, this one seems trivial, but I already look like a zombie and feel half dead, I don't want people thinking I'm injuring myself).  Thanks for any info.

-Dolphin