Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

early waking anxiety triggered by overexercise?

[kr...]

can this happen? I did a hike much longer than usual and feeling great like it didnt wear me down and thought id probably fall asleep earlier but didnt really. Then woke early to unsettling dream, then everything coming to my head would cause anxiety. things about my life that Im ok about going back to worry and dread. Laid there few more hrs trying to rest.

Sleep has been spotty but better than last winter. I just wonder if so much activity (the morning was a little hectic before the hike) could ramp up the system so that the normal waking time is on overdrive so to speak?? may be why I  was yawning in evening but still didnt fall asleep earlier?

been up a while now and feel beat up and hungover. anxiety.

I hike a lot too.  The big ones bring me comfort right after it.  Then the brain fog and general discomfort takes place increasing therefore all symptoms.  Sleep doesn't come more easily.  I guess our state of general fatigue added to the effort of exercise is what we call "exercise intolerance".  I do it anyway since the hike brings me pleasure and satisfaction.

thanks edou for responding. i like how i feel hiking too when i sleep enough to go. up again this morning too early. still dark. huge anxiety. my bf was in dream. whats happening? I still overthink too much and wonder if it s going into my sleep. I tried a zyflemmend cap and some kava tea and tumeric for back pain. I dont think it helped maybe made me more anxious??

I have the same issue sometimes with exercise, swimming or running. One thing to consider is stretching and hydration.

I find things are bad if I don't stretch after exercise. This happens the next day, in the morning. Discomfort in my body makes my mind anxious. But once I get up and do about 10 minutes of stretches and yoga I wind up in a much better mood. Plus drinking water in the morning helps.