Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

split dose of anti depressant

[St...]

I take my Zoloft dose of 75 mg in one go and it seems to me there's more nervousness and being amped up and even irritability doing this. Some time ago I took one time 50 in the morning and 50 again in the evening and then I got really zen and felt great. I guess it's worth trying. Sometimes if you take that much in one go you can get spaced out and zoned out but usually disappears with drinking some energy drink or something.    :D

There's just no way around the fact that there is more stability in your body and mind splitting up your dose in half leaving about 8 to 12 hours in between.

I can't tolerate SSRIs at all but my doctor once gave me celexa. I wanted to take it morning and night. My pharmacist said an emphatic no. You would only do that in very high doses. They are meant to be 24 hour pills. So I quit them. But they work for you well. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. My 2 cents. B