Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

4 months out (almost) update

[46...]

I'm almost 4 months out and feel that anxiety continues to dominate all my other symptoms. While issues such as headaches during sleep and a racing heart rate have minimized, new problems seem to keep pouring in. Some of my current symptoms are listed below:

I have been having more digestive problems than ever before and I feel that my random, intense anxiety surges have to do a lot with it.

I have also started to feel my chest tighten up at random times during the day and I can feel a sensation of "heaviness" in that area.

At times I feel as if my throat is closing in on itself as well.

I've started having vision distortions where I feel that my (already impaired) eyesight has gotten worse.

Other times, I feel a pin-pricking feeling over my body - it lasts for a short while but is alarming to me at the time.

I feel chronically tired and fatigued at some points throughout the day where I feel as if I have absolutely no energy in me. It is difficult to think of doing just about anything other than resting or taking a nap during this time.

I have improved, to some degree since I jumped and that always helps motivate me. I have decided to occasionally visit a counselor who specializes in addiction and withdrawal cases in the hopes that she would be able to guide me through symptom reduction and management without the use of any prescriptions. I am supposed to graduate by the end of this year and don't want to mess my grades up because I don't feel well most of the time (no pressures! :P ).

It would be nice to hear from members who are near my own timeline or ones who are ahead so that I can get some perspective on how I'm faring compared to the rest of the community.

As always, I hope everyone feels better and recovers from this temporary mess as soon as possible!  :)

Hi 46and2

I'm 4 months and 1 week out. I have almost the same symtoms like you have.

Anxiety, chest pain, heaviness in the chest, terrible burning zaping headache, and my throat is very tight even my voice change for deeper.

The headache is my worst one. Is non stop all day. Lately my nights got better a little. Less anxiety less chest pain and less headache too. My energy is very low too specialy by afternoon and evening I'm exhausted.

I'm hopefull. If the nights is getting better the days will get better too.

I'm glad you said you improved to some degree. That means you are on you way too for recovery.

Just try to rest a lot and stay positive. Try to hangout with positive friends if you can.

You are very strong, I would not be able to go to school, and you do. Good for you.

Feel better soon!  :smitten:

Yes reba123456, the adrenaline rushes are just horrible! Not to mention the anxiety that's constantly looking to sneak up on us.

Vica55 I'm glad to hear that your nights have improved - I had developed sleep anxiety shortly after jumping and that would instigate some awful mind-zaps and tremors every time I tried getting some rest- it was probably the worst thing I've been through so far. Nowadays I usually feel like sleeping all day and sometimes I start feeling tired just a few hours into waking up from an otherwise "normal" sleep. University is tough, but luckily I have to go two days a week so it's relatively manageable. I have thinned out my socialization to a few friends who I consider close enough to be comfortable with in this time. Hopefully we will be done with this misery and get back to our lives in no time!  :)

I'm almost 4 months out and feel that anxiety continues to dominate all my other symptoms. While issues such as headaches during sleep and a racing heart rate have minimized, new problems seem to keep pouring in. Some of my current symptoms are listed below:

I have been having more digestive problems than ever before and I feel that my random, intense anxiety surges have to do a lot with it.

I have also started to feel my chest tighten up at random times during the day and I can feel a sensation of "heaviness" in that area.

I've started having vision distortions where I feel that my (already impaired) eyesight has gotten worse.

Other times, I feel a pin-pricking feeling over my body - it lasts for a short while but is alarming to me at the time.

I feel chronically tired and fatigued at some points throughout the day where I feel as if I have absolutely no energy in me. It is difficult to think of doing just about anything other than resting or taking a nap during this time.

I have improved, to some degree since I jumped and that always helps motivate me. I have decided to occasionally visit a counselor who specializes in addiction and withdrawal cases in the hopes that she would be able to guide me through symptom reduction and management without the use of any prescriptions. I am supposed to graduate by the end of this year and don't want to mess my grades up because I don't feel well most of the time (no pressures! :P ).

It would be nice to hear from members who are near my own timeline or ones who are ahead so that I can get some perspective on how I'm faring compared to the rest of the community.

As always, I hope everyone feels better and recovers from this temporary mess as soon as possible!  :)

I would say you are doing very well my friend. Sounds like you are in better shape than me and I am a month ahead of you. I also have all the things you listed symptom wise. Down to the teeth they are identical . In fact you described them better than I could. I have a hard time putting my symptoms into words.

The chest tightening one drives me insane. It feels like my body won't adjust to the pressure of the atmosphere properly or something . I imagine that how my body would feel if I was on a alien planet with a similar atmosphere where I was heavier.

Keep on going ! Woooooooooooooooooooooo!! Yeah! 

Shake it!!

:highfive:

Three months and three weeks out. Despair, exhaustion, acute social phobia, chronic acute anxiety and neuropathy in legs and feet which could be coming from spine problem.  No headaches or other physical symptoms.  Very few windows and they usually last about an hour.  I am most exhausted in the am, least around four pm and then it starts again by seven pm and I'm in bed by nine.

I had to give up coffee and even decaf....very sad.

Three months and three weeks out. Despair, exhaustion, acute social phobia, chronic acute anxiety and neuropathy in legs and feet which could be coming from spine problem.  No headaches or other physical symptoms.  Very few windows and they usually last about an hour.  I am most exhausted in the am, least around four pm and then it starts again by seven pm and I'm in bed by nine.

I had to give up coffee and even decaf....very sad.

Wow, I jumped a week after you, and that is almost exactly my list, but with less acute anxiety.

The neuropathy has really intensified the despair, and I have to add that I continue to have zero motivation.

I'm thrilled that I jumped and grateful for improvements, but what remains is still pretty tough.

46and2, thanks for the reminder that it's temporary - in fact, we 4-month jump buddies here all seem to be in similar places.  :thumbsup:

I would say you are doing very well my friend. Sounds like you are in better shape than me and I am a month ahead of you. I also have all the things you listed symptom wise. Down to the teeth they are identical . In fact you described them better than I could. I have a hard time putting my symptoms into words.

The chest tightening one drives me insane. It feels like my body won't adjust to the pressure of the atmosphere properly or something . I imagine that how my body would feel if I was on a alien planet with a similar atmosphere where I was heavier.

Keep on going ! Woooooooooooooooooooooo!! Yeah! 

Shake it!!

:highfive:

Yes, our minds and bodies are totally out of sync - it's like we are constantly trying to tune into the right radio frequency but aren't quite getting it yet. I would have to agree with you on the chest tightening part being just horrible - it makes every other thing feel so "normal" in comparison. And yes, describing some of these symptoms is just plain bizarre at times - I mean how does one begin to describe the sensation of a slight fluttering behind the eye after some moderate exercise under normal circumstances?  :P

I eat dark organic chocolate

And i feel MUCH BETTER

Try it

:)

You know, you might actually be on to something - I had a batch of 85% dark chocolate lying around and having it in moderate amounts didn't really mess with me - There's research that links dark chocolate to health benefits such as blood flow and heart efficiency so it does have something going for itself. At the same time some people are sensitive to certain foods including chocolate during withdrawal so it might not work out for everyone. I honestly never thought I would be consuming chocolate for the purpose of gaining any sort of health benefit - this withdrawal has truely been life altering!

Two days ago, i have met an Addictologist in an Hospital in Toulouse

where i live

she is 60 years old and treat DRUGS VICTIMS since 1986

She told me just ONE THING !

IF YOU WANT TO BE FINE

TAKE NO OTHER DRUG N.O.T.H.I.N.G

other drugs will just mess your mind and delay recovery for months and months

i know we suffer, don't go on and on with the agony....

taper now all your others drugs slowly !

Good Luck :idiot:

where i live

IF YOU WANT TO BE FINE

While I 100% agree with any other drugs delaying recovery. I also think some people truly need to be on something in order to recover so they don't self harm or so they can sleep.  I have chosen not to get on any other medications since its best for me. Other people however have different stories and different problems In those stories. One cannot heal if they self harm or are not sleeping so it's a uhhhhhhhhh.. You know.... One of those.... Situations...... I can't find the words.... My brain is not working anymore,,,............. :crazy:

where i live

IF YOU WANT TO BE FINE

While I 100% agree with any other drugs delaying recovery. I also think some people truly need to be on something in order to recover so they don't self harm or so they can sleep.  I have chosen not to get on any other medications since its best for me. Other people however have different stories and different problems In those stories. One cannot heal if they self harm or are not sleeping so it's a uhhhhhhhhh.. You know.... One of those.... Situations...... I can't find the words.... My brain is not working anymore,,,............. :crazy:

I suppose it's a compromise some people are willing to make - delaying their recovery so that they can eveeventually make it in proper health. For instance, some people can suffer from debilitating levels of depression and anxiety for months into their withdrawal and their symptoms could interfere with their social or financial wellbeing  to a point that they need an extra hand to get through.

As always, drugs should be the last option, but an option none the less.

where i live

IF YOU WANT TO BE FINE

I suppose it's a compromise some people are willing to make - delaying their recovery so that they can eveeventually make it in proper health. For instance, some people can suffer from debilitating levels of depression and anxiety for months into their withdrawal and their symptoms could interfere with their social or financial wellbeing  to a point that they need an extra hand to get through.

You know what I'm trying to say 46 and 2 .

where i live

IF YOU WANT TO BE FINE

You know what I'm trying to say 46 and 2 .

Of course,  we're literally saying the same thing  :)

Wow- so glad I found this thread. At 4 months out today I share so many symptoms with you all- the anxiety surges are the worst! Then the headaches and tingling..... and last but not least the overwhelming fatigue that seems to come out of nowhere....I do think I am improving over where I was 4 months ago- and think slow healing is happening-  but just wish the anxiety surges  would calm down...then I think I could cope...even if this is as good as it gets....

Wow- so glad I found this thread. At 4 months out today I share so many symptoms with you all- the anxiety surges are the worst! Then the headaches and tingling..... and last but not least the overwhelming fatigue that seems to come out of nowhere....I do think I am improving over where I was 4 months ago- and think slow healing is happening-  but just wish the anxiety surges  would calm down...then I think I could cope...even if this is as good as it gets....

Oh the tingling is just a menace -  just like everything else it creeps up on me when I least expect it.  My anxiety sky rockets out of nowhere,  but I have spent a lot of time to educate myself on how and why this is happening to me and in my case this has really helped -  knowing that there is nothing physically wrong with me and that this will all be in the past not long from now is what helps me focus on the present.  I still get second thoughts just when I'm doing so well and that's sort of discouraging in its own right,  but then that's withdrawal and recovery for ya! 

We are still relearning how to cope with everyday life without the dreaded benzo's toning everything down for us so it's taking us a while to readjust -  but sooner or later we'll get there!  :)

Is it possible that these are simply symptoms of anxiety and not withdrawal per se?

Is it possible that these are simply symptoms of anxiety and not withdrawal per se?

Yes,  these symptoms are very much triggered by anxiety,  and are probably correlated -  anxiety is a very key withdrawal symptom on its own.  I personally wasn't an anxious person before this whole mess so these feelings if extreme dread are somewhat new to me -  maybe that's why I have found it really hard to adapt to them. 

But yes,  I believe that these symptoms are very much overlapping with the symptoms of itself and that's why managing that is my top most priority at the moment.