Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Still undecided

[so...]

I did once a day. I dont see how dosing twice would make much difference with valium considering it has such a long half life?

How are you feeling these days?

So tomorrow I will reduce to 6.5mg of diazepam and still not sure if dosing once a day is fine as I get mixed opinions.

I dose 2x but i have been since the beginning......1mg at noon 2.5mg in evening

I need to dose 4X a day but my lowest dose is at night because of the Remeron which helps me sleep. I also have better evenings than mornings. I've always dosed 4X a day for 33 years...or more before tapering last August.  I tried 3X but was a disaster. But soon I'll try 3 X again. The lower I get 3X just makes more sense, then 2X etc. Everyone is different. B

I need to dose 4X a day but my lowest dose is at night because of the Remeron which helps me sleep. I also have better evenings than mornings. I've always dosed 4X a day for 33 years...or more before tapering last August.  I tried 3X but was a disaster. But soon I'll try 3 X again. The lower I get 3X just makes more sense, then 2X etc. Everyone is different. B

glad remeron is working for ya!

Thanks Beat it does for the most part. But 2 nights ago after a 1.5 mg cut I can't say that it did. I was up about 5 times. But the Remeron was still working. I could barely walk. It's just that the pain of the burning was overriding the Remeron. So yesterday went up a mg and slept like a log.

So Sonia everybody needs to dose what's best for them I guess. The old trial and error. B

I did once a day. I dont see how dosing twice would make much difference with valium considering it has such a long half life?

This is where you're terribly wrong my friend. If you would take 6.5 in one go you will get some relief for 4 or 5 hours at most right ? Let's get honest and real here. Valium doesn't work any longer than any other benzo and for sure considering she's already tolerant to it. That being said ... 3.5 or 3 mg is still a therapeutic dose and will give some relief also for about 4 to 5 hours. You would do a lot better by dosing this 2 times a day Sonia and best case scenario would be leave about 8 to 12 hours in between those doses. One dose will wear off and you'll be in withdrawal for the rest of the day. If you want to take all 6.5 mg just before bedtime. Good luck the next day when you wake up ... and have to go for another 16 hours without a dose. Hey, if you don't believe me just try. Don't take my word for it.