Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What cutting surface should I use?

[cr...]

I'm not sure where to put this topic, so I dropped it in here. I've been using a glass cutting board to make cuts in my ativan dosage. And I'm noticing more and more scrapes in the glass... indicating that I'm basically ingesting glass dust. Should I be using a wood cutting board instead? But then, is it bad to ingest wood dust? What cutting surface should I use?

I'm not sure where to put this topic, so I dropped it in here. I've been using a glass cutting board to make cuts in my ativan dosage. And I'm noticing more and more scrapes in the glass... indicating that I'm basically ingesting glass dust. Should I be using a wood cutting board instead? But then, is it bad to ingest wood dust? What cutting surface should I use?

A small square hand mirror is the best bro. Like the once they use to cut and line up Cocaine.

Please throw that cutting board away. No glass in your food. Thanks for the card stock idea. For me I find that my V pills break better than cut, using my short nails. Haven't tried the card stock yet though. HM

I like my pill cutter but I've become a pro. Had a lot of practice. If one isn't equal (a lot unequal) I save the bit and add it to another unequal one. It all works out fine and I'm only off by specks. It does take practice though. B

I like my pill cutter but I've become a pro. Had a lot of practice. If one isn't equal (a lot unequal) I save the bit and add it to another unequal one. It all works out fine and I'm only off by specks. It does take practice though. B

Can I ask a question here ? When you cut the pills, how long will they keep, you think they go bad and lose potency faster then when they are in the blister pack or pill box. I can't find ANY information about this on the internet. What do you think Barb or anyone ? Do you keep the 1.25 splits of a 5 mg pill in your pill cutter and they are fine ? I would wrap them in thin foil but that's just me.

I asked my pharmacist. The answer was a clear no problems. Just put them back into my tinted pill bottle. She knows her stuff. If you are dealing with blister packs ask the pharmacy for a plain, unlabelled tinted pill bottle. They usually are happy to give you one. If not, just explain why you need it. B

I asked my pharmacist. The answer was a clear no problems. Just put them back into my tinted pill bottle. She knows her stuff. If you are dealing with blister packs ask the pharmacy for a plain, unlabelled tinted pill bottle. They usually are happy to give you one. If not, just explain why you need it. B

Wow ! Thanks I didn't know that. Usually when they come out of a blister pack I put one half back in and tape it with plastic tape after laying the foil back over it. But this is a lot of hard and precise work believe me.