Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I am getting better, but some strange existental fear is killing me...

[Ma...]

I have really no idea what i wrong with me.I am really much better.Symptoms are getting better, with much lees waves than windows, I sleep not fine but better.I started to live slowly again in society...I am not totally healed, but I am getting there.It will for sure be more downs, but all together I am better.But somehow out of blue came some strange fear that I do not want to somehow be part of this world again that brought me to PTSP and xanax?I am scared to be part of that again.That life befor xanax just brought me pain and fear.I do not feel safe nowhow anymore in this old role of my life...What is wrong with me?Why?Does this has a sance to you?Is this again some symptom of WD?I am really stupid.I should be happy to be better. :idiot::-\

Hi Masha1978

This is normal and part of withdrawal so don't worry. I am going on 8 months out and I have this same symptom of fear. When I had a window the fear was gone and I felt 100% normal. It's just part of the process we go through during withdrawal. We just have to take it one day at a time and try and stay distracted, that's what helps me. We will get through this and recover. Don't worry my friend.

ldm27

Thank you for your massage. :smitten:

I am just scared that it is my stupid head that is giving me this fear...I hope it is really WD beceuse this freling of not being secure and fear of normal life is really horrible.When you put on that fear from sickness (that i have) and death...It is crazy.I just do not know how to handel that all.  :(:o

Thank you for your massage. :smitten:

I am just scared that it is my stupid head that is giving me this fear...I hope it is really WD beceuse this freling of not being secure and fear of normal life is really horrible.When you put on that fear from sickness (that i have) and death...It is crazy.I just do not know how to handel that all.  :(:o

I have the same thing going on. im early in cold turkey fron klonipin but my fear is unreal.  i was off klonipin after a fast taper for 2 months and was better but the fear had always been there.  i texted my mom last night. "Im scared"

The fear does go away. I lived with it during tolerance withdrawal for years. When I c/t in January, it came on even stronger. I went through an existential crisis like I had never even imagined - but because I finally knew what was causing it, it was a bit more tolerable than it was during tolerance. Keep reminding yourself that the fear is nothing more than withdrawal - I really think that knowing that, believing that, makes it much more tolerable.

At about 4 months off it eased a bit, and at six months it just vanished. I still deal with a lot of symptoms, but the terror has been gone for a couple of months.

You are not stupid in anyway. I am currently at 10 months out and I still feel a lot of the symptoms. I feel a ton of fear everyday and I have seen a lot of people comment on that. It is all part of the increased anxiety that we feel from WD. I'm sure and hoping it will pass soon for you and me both.

I agree with everyone here.  My fear was off the charts and, now that I'm well, the fear is just gone...  like it never even happened.  And, I was originally a bit of the nervous worrier type to begin with.  Like all the other symptoms, it will just go away and you'll turn around and realize that it's not there anymore.  I hope that time comes soon for you.