Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question on tapering on low doses: When to go to one dose

[ny...]

I'm currently on .12 Klonopin taking .06 AM and .06 PM. Cutting .01 every few days.  At some point soon I need to switch to one dose, nighttime, as the lower doses will be tough to measure appropriately.  How do I best do this?  Will taking the AM dose away and increasing the night dose cause me some turbulence?  Anyone with experience with this that can offer any suggestions is much appreciated.  Thanks!

I dosed 3 times a day when tapering Clonazepam, and stayed on that schedule throughout my taper.  Never went down to 2 or 1 doses per day.

Thanks Disney Girl, I may just do that.  I want to do that, but don't know if I can measure .01 or .02 twice a day accurately so would rather take .03 or .04 in one dose.  BUT, I will keep going on two doses which is working. 

I think that at the dose you are on it would be find to taper off the morning dose completely and then tackle the evening dose if that makes your weighing process simpler. You have made a lot of progress and you are almost there  ;D

JKS

I think that at the dose you are on it would be find to taper off the morning dose completely and then tackle the evening dose if that makes your weighing process simpler. You have made a lot of progress and you are almost there  ;D

JKS

Thanks JKS! That's what I was thinking since I took it initially for insomnia.  I'm best taking the night dose to sleep but I really don't feel this low dose at all.

Have you found some other things to help with insomnia? I find the biggest help is not to worry about sleeping, but there are lots of good meditations to listen to on you tube. I also really like Kristen Neff's guided meditations. They arent about insomnia specifically, but very helpful and relaxing.

Have you found some other things to help with insomnia? I find the biggest help is not to worry about sleeping, but there are lots of good meditations to listen to on you tube. I also really like Kristen Neff's guided meditations. They arent about insomnia specifically, but very helpful and relaxing.

I have no problem sleeping, I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.  I am going to stay on 2 doses, thought If I move to one it would be night since I was originally RX'd for insomnia.

But I have no problem with insomnia at the moment, just TINNITUS capitol T in BOLD!