Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What is your nightmare w/d symptom? And how do you do to cope with it?

[35...]

I don't have these anymore, but toxic naps were one of the worst. You take a nap feeling horrible and get a little while of peace only to wake up feeling even worse mentally and physically than you did before the nap. It feels like you are in a nightmare that you can't get out of.

To cope you just take one day at a time. Mornings were also horrific, though. I thought I just couldn't take one more day of this, but somehow you do and it gets better.

With slowly microtapering all of those symptoms went away.

Extreme fatigue/jello legs/weakness and above all extreme full body burning. Scalding. I just do my best to distract myself in the day and watch mindless tv (only at night). In short I just try to cope as best as I can. Come to BB and read posts. Try to offer support and get some when I'm really struggling. When all else fails I have a good cry. B

I have this fatigue too. I guess we all do. I want to do this or that but I am so tired. I used to run 60  km every week last summer. Now I can't walk without getting short of breath. Sleep is not a problem. I sleep on anthistamine Lergigan. I don't know the name is in America. I sleep like 10 hours on them. But have my PTSD present in every nightmare, and dream lucid and vivid dreams every night. Sometimes scream or cry (almost every night).

I had have so many symptoms earlier because I taper really hard..

Up to 30 at the same time. Something other is strange..My body is used to feel really bad, because of all abstinence and when I feel normal my brain think it is something wrong. I had severe w/d during 120 days. I was so sick. I can't believe I am alive. Many times suicidal thoughts passed my mind. Even though I am afraid of death. My shrink said to me that I just was tired and my brain was so tired and all anxiety made this feelings..What I just wanted was to be myself again...And rest! Morbid thoughts and they tend to disappear when I did my last stupid taper so here I go again. Been there done that  :o>:(

Insomnia and panic attacks. I am taking remeron for the insomnia, not working as good now that the hot flashes and heart pounding have started

Same here.  Insomnia is the worst.  Coping with exercise.  At least I lie more or less still.  Been better with K to V cross over.  I dont know how long the honeymoon will last, but I'll take it.

the worst is the morning wake up at four am or so with pounding heart, sweating, intrusive terribly frightening thoughts and this lasts until I finally force myself out of bed by seven thirty or eight -- I'm too EXHAUSTED to get up when I wake up.

The exhaustion is the next worst symptom

Depression next

Anxiety next

Burning skin next

Every morning I wonder how I will ever get through the day.

And I wonder if and when this will ever end.................