Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

It's Complicated

[Tr...]

Stalled at .10mg K, which was a slight updose from my previous dose of .08mg.  Stuck at .10mg over 30 days.  Feels like I'm in acute 24/7.  Jumping is not an option, too high for me.  If I were to crossover to V and microtaper off, what dosage of V would be equiv. to my current dose of K?

TRY

That dose is approximately 2 mg of valium. A cautious crossover would take several weeks, replacing part of the klonopin at each stage, e.g. dropping 0.025 mg K and adding 0.5 mg V (quarter of a 2 mg pill). Do you have a doctor who will support you with the crossover?

JKS

My Pdoc is not benzo wise enough to do a gradual crossover, we have discussed it at length she feels they are all the same.  No changing her mind.  I have prior experience with another pdoc that did an abrupt crossover.  Not something I want to repeat. 

Just stuck right now with K.  No progress being made.    May just scrap taper, and start all over.

I know it seems hopeless right now, but please please dont scrap the taper and start all over. You have worked so hard and accomplished so much to get to this point. Relief could be right around the corner! A direct switch to 2 mg valium, a jump from 0.1K or a continued K taper would all be better options than reinstating. I did it many times and each time it got harder.

What can you do to help yourself feel good today? Take a bath? Take a walk? Call a friend? It will get better.

:smitten:

JKS

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are some who added valium on to K rather than doing a switch. Maybe your doctor would let you do that? Then you can get off the K underneath the valium then taper the valium. I would not start over if you can avoid it at all.

I'm still in what I would consider acute.  Just slammed with sxs.  I've never experienced many of these sxs before and find them very unsettling.  Valium I don't think would be a good option for me.  Either way I have to get off K.  Still holding at .12mg.  Very reluctant to reduce because sxs are already extremely severe.

Staying Hopeful.....