Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Waves In The Morning To Windows At Night

[pa...]

Does anyone else wake up in a wave and then turn into a window through the course of the day??

Yes, I had this pattern as well.  It's actually very common in benzo withdrawal.

Yes, for the most part. I wake feeling absolutely toxic. So sick and fatigued. Sometimes very tough to get through my work day. Evenings usually much better, though still never feel totally well.

Me!!!!!

I really think it is related to our adrenals.

Benzos withdraw really affect them.

I had a 24 hour urine cortisol.  It was high all day but the worse was Between

10-4.  Look how much over the norm the ones between 10 and 4 are.  Almost double

But in the evening, although still high, the results are closer to the upper end of that times norms

My result.          Norms

6:50 Am            246.4.              50-150

10:50 am.          486.5.              90-250

2:45 pm.          297.1.              60-180

6:45 pm.            193.1.              35-110

10:45 pm.          122.4.              15-60

Me!!!!!

I really think it is related to our adrenals.

Benzos withdraw really affect them.

I had a 24 hour urine cortisol.  It was high all day but the worse was Between

10-4.  Look how much over the norm the ones between 10 and 4 are.  Almost double

But in the evening, although still high, the results are closer to the upper end of that times norms

My result.          Norms

6:50 Am            246.4.              50-150

10:50 am.          486.5.              90-250

2:45 pm.          297.1.              60-180

6:45 pm.            193.1.              35-110

10:45 pm.          122.4.              15-60

Dang those are high what did your doctor say?

Reba,

Thanks for that.  I often wondered just how much higher my cortisol was probably running than the norm.  I do not take supplements of any kind.  I'm afraid that supplements give our brains and nerves yet another thing to have to work around.

Thank you,

Sofa

patsal

I am experiencing this similar pattern. I am at 7 months out nearly 8. My worst is the mornings. I usually awaken around 2 or 3 AM. They call it the cortisol/adrenaline rushes. Absolutely the worst. It goes away during the late mornings and then I am feeling much better. My afternoons and evenings are pretty good. It's crazy. I average about 6 hours of sleep per night. When I awaken I usually get up around 4:00 AM since I have to get ready for work. This helps as a distraction. I know it will get better in time. We will recover and heal. Best to ya!  :thumbsup: