Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tolerance withdrawal definition.

[Ho...]

Can someone please give me an awesome definition of tolerance withdrawal and why once someone hits tolerance withdrawal they are in constant withdrawal until they are off the benzo. I'm trying to explain this to someone that does not understand tolerance withdrawal and they also think that giving more benzo is the answer. I can't seem to find the right words to get this to sink in. Thank you very much!

It means your physically addicted.

You can be physically addicted without having tolerance withdrawal. Like I was. Didn't even realise I was dependent and tried to just stop one day.

Tolerance with a drug means you either need more of the drug to make you feel well and eventually no matter how much you take it makes no difference and you are in withdrawal.

Many people that have never been in wd before hit this state and have no idea why they feel the way they do. This can go on for months and years as it slowly dismantles their life.

I don't think explaining this to anyone could ever make them understand the full impact and the feeling that one has in this state.

You would just have to experience for their self and I don't wish that on my worse enemy.

Tolerance with a drug means you either need more of the drug to make you feel well and eventually no matter how much you take it makes no difference and you are in withdrawal.

Many people that have never been in wd before hit this state and have no idea why they feel the way they do. This can go on for months and years as it slowly dismantles their life.

I don't think explaining this to anyone could ever make them understand the full impact and the feeling that one has in this state.

You would just have to experience for their self and I don't wish that on my worse enemy.

I think you nailed it silveralpha!  That was my experience, and for raising concerns to my doctor, I allowed him to talk me into taking risperdal 3 years ago.  God only knows what damage that's done to me.. Now, I'm tapering off of that - hope to be done in two weeks..