Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

direct taper or substitution????

[tr...]

Been on bromazepam for 10 years or so. Took a lot of other meds but im off them for years. I now take a 4.5 mg of bromazepam devided into 3 doses. I always have been sensitive to drugs also small doses.

I tapered from 5.25 to 4.5mg 10 days ago, so a 0.75 reduction = thats 14,3 procent in 10 days

I had difficult insomnia and some anxiety and some problems in interacting with others, no problems at work. I have fysical job and dont need my brain for it  :) .It was hard for the first 6 days.

The pills i take are 3 mg tablets wich you can slit in 4, no more(too small).So 0.75 mg reductions.

My question:

Should i continue to taper like this or should i switch to valium ?( 4.5 bromazepam=7.5 mg diazepam)

Because if i switch i can make smaller reductions and wont have dose interdose problems that much, i think. Bromazepam has half life of 10 to 20 hours wich is quite short i think??So maybe switching would be easier. I know its a small dose but i think its because i have used them for a decade it has a big influence on me.

So any toughts on switching for smoother concentration alterations or should i continue with the 0.75 direct taper?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any experience with Valium? if so, how did you do with it? Some people really don't like how it makes them feel, so crossing-over doesn't always work out.

If you can tolerate the interdose withdrawal, it is usually safer to taper the original drug. Split dosing helps a lot, even in the middle of night if necessary.

One way to get smaller cuts is to use a nail file on the pills. I also saw on another posting (I think it was you?) mentioning a liquid titration of bromazepam. Bromazepam is soluble in ethanol, so mixing it with a bit of vodka, then water, should work well. This will enable you to get really small cuts that are much less noticeable. A 14% cut is more than is recommended, 10% is the largest cut recommended.