Important Survey - Please Participate ×

direct taper or substitution????

[tr...]

Been on bromazepam for 10 years or so. Took a lot of other meds but im off them for years. I now take a 4.5 mg of bromazepam devided into 3 doses. I always have been sensitive to drugs also small doses.

I tapered from 5.25 to 4.5mg 10 days ago, so a 0.75 reduction = thats 14,3 procent in 10 days

I had difficult insomnia and some anxiety and some problems in interacting with others, no problems at work. I have fysical job and dont need my brain for it  :) .It was hard for the first 6 days.

The pills i take are 3 mg tablets wich you can slit in 4, no more(too small).So 0.75 mg reductions.

My question:

Should i continue to taper like this or should i switch to valium ?( 4.5 bromazepam=7.5 mg diazepam)

Because if i switch i can make smaller reductions and wont have dose interdose problems that much, i think. Bromazepam has half life of 10 to 20 hours wich is quite short i think??So maybe switching would be easier. I know its a small dose but i think its because i have used them for a decade it has a big influence on me.

So any toughts on switching for smoother concentration alterations or should i continue with the 0.75 direct taper?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any experience with Valium? if so, how did you do with it? Some people really don't like how it makes them feel, so crossing-over doesn't always work out.

If you can tolerate the interdose withdrawal, it is usually safer to taper the original drug. Split dosing helps a lot, even in the middle of night if necessary.

One way to get smaller cuts is to use a nail file on the pills. I also saw on another posting (I think it was you?) mentioning a liquid titration of bromazepam. Bromazepam is soluble in ethanol, so mixing it with a bit of vodka, then water, should work well. This will enable you to get really small cuts that are much less noticeable. A 14% cut is more than is recommended, 10% is the largest cut recommended.