Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking back

[si...]

Looking back at my post taper.

My symptoms that have gotten better, but are not gone.

At almost 13 months I still have most of the sx that I had early on in wd.

The ones that have changed or gotten better are.

My sleep has gotten longer and less toxic. I don't wake up with as much anxiety or panic. It has gotten longer and more restful.

My fatigue throughout the day is a little better I feel that I have the strength to do more and focus a little better.

My Dp/Dr is a little better, I feel like I can connect with people and the world at periods of the day.

My coordination and dizziness has also improved.

Can anyone else Look Back and see changes in there wd sxs?

Ive noticed a while ago that some of the symptoms did get better. My vertigo went away. I have become able to sleep and eat. My sensitivity to light and sound went away.

But there are a lot of symptoms that are not going away. I'm always worried about the future. I'm so anxious and depressed, my brain is totally fried, I have a strong DP/DR. I try to isolate myself as much as possible. I have seen things improve so I'm hoping the improve soon. This whole thing is so hard to live through.

Davis, I am also holding out hope for the future. Looking forward to the next couple of months and a lot of better days. These symptoms have to start going away.

I feel much more comfortable getting out and doing things, I seem to have more focus.

I have a lot of nerve pain also, burning skin, pins and needles,numb feet and hands,electric shocks.

I wish I could say they have gotten better but not really.

I hope it is just a case of waiting it out.

This is a great post, I guess I missed it earlier.. I think it's important to periodically check in with ourselves about our progress in this nightmare.  I jumped on March 5th, 2016, and so many things have improved, and of course some haven't improved too much.

For me, many of the physical symptoms have dissipated.  I'm not dizzy anymore, and I don't have blurry vision anymore.. I have to remember to be grateful for that.  The terrible head pressure went away, and I'm less nervous in everyday activities.  I can speak a little better, and I can write a little better.. I've taken the time to eat better and exercise a lot.  So, I don't have the benzo belly or jelly legs anymore.  My concentration is improving steadily, so that's good as well.

Basically, a ton of stuff has gotten better over the last 6 1/2 months, but I still have trouble accepting the cognitive difficulties and feeling like I've completely lost my intelligence (and now I feel like I took my brains for granted most of my life).  My ability to learn and remember things has been severely compromised.. I now have a serious learning disability, and I can't reason all that well, or think independently as I did for years..

Sometimes now, I get into fear, when I think about either never healing (which I know is fear talking), or it taking 2-3 years post jump to get my brain back.  It gets tiring, day after day, feeling like I should be wearing a "dunce" cap, and feeling emotionally "blunted"..  I hate faking it in meetings, not knowing what the hell people are talking about, and not being able to contribute.. but, I am grateful for work - I'm at a lesser position now, but at least I'm working and that's something I was not able to do for my whole taper and for a little while after that... It's easier to get through a work day now, and that's nothing to shake a stick at, so I'll keep trying to remember to be grateful for what I have vs. what I don't have..

I hope we all wake up someday and feel like our old selves again!

Silver,

I too have severe burning skin- still!  Sleep issues (insomnia, Hypnic jerks, constant peeing at night, waking up often, up by 5am, etc), constant rapid pulse, hand and foot tremors, tongue issues and muscle spasms are my remaining symptoms.  All remaining symptoms have improved except burning brain and eyes.  Sleep issues have recently improved to 60% normal, spasmning is 70% normal, pulse doesn't go much above 100 when resting anymore, and tremors are 90% to normal.  The tongue stuff too weird to talk about.  Lets just say it looks like it has leprosy.  Oh, fatigue has not improved- actually its staying strong even with more sleep.  I finally can feel the chsnge without having to look back at notes for progress.  If I would have answered this post 11 days ago, it would not have sounded this optimistic. 

I had 30+ symptoms when this all started.  Oh, I still have tinnitus, but is almost gone. 

When did your sleep take a turn?  How much do you get?  Do you dream a lot or wake often? 

Sleepless Yes, I still wake often, but I can fall back to sleep. this was impossible at the beginning.

I still have a lot of fatigue, even on good nights when I should feel rested.

Anxiety and depression is killing me. It is a constant battle to divert my mind.

I am glad to here you are doing better with your sleep. I know how much you have suffered.

Any change is a good change no matter how small.

The tongue stuff too weird to talk about.  Lets just say it looks like it has leprosy.

I have this too.. It's like burning tongue too crazy to explain as you stated. It comes and goes.

Niners,

Its such a strange symptom.  It burns and feels like I sucked on one to many lollipops.  It looks a lot like geographic tongue, only much worse.  The lesions are are big and red and where I don't have a lesion, its white.  So gross.  And embarrassing.  The edge of my tongue is scalloped too.  Nobody could make this stuff up... What we go through is insane. 

Niners,

Its such a strange symptom.  It burns and feels like I sucked on one to many lollipops.  It looks a lot like geographic tongue, only much worse.  The lesions are are big and red and where I don't have a lesion, its white.  So gross.  And embarrassing.  The edge of my tongue is scalloped too.  Nobody could make this stuff up... What we go through is insane.

Precisely as you described. I do have geographical tongue but it has never bothered me over the years nor looked or felt this way!  The food sensitivities since benzo withdrawal has done a number on my tongue.  This is insane!