Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What a rollercoaster it is

[Ge...]

First of all I would like to apologize to my new buddy - the acute phase. Sorry for doubting you existed, bro.

You might not be as severe as the adrenal rushes at the end of the taper, but oh boy you are relentless.

Every day is plethora of symptoms, chosen to express healing as a form of suffering.

The loud ringing of the tinnitus comes and goes so unsuspecting, the jaw clenching rare but heavy, the back spasms excruciating, the anxiety still a force, but now rarely converting into full mode panic, the muscle twitching is still here. Mental remains bad as I write notes to remember it all.

Sorry for the rant, almost 3 weeks in and had to lose some steam. I will keep hanging on though.

I'm sorry you are suffering so much.  But from your signature  your taper was quick,  but sometimes that doesn't  matter, it's such an individual  thing. But you made it off.  Good job and don't give up.  I hope your acute stage doesn't  last past the average, 30-60 dsys.  Mine lasted 98 days, only in the past 10 days have I seen improvement.  You brain will continue to make you think you will never heal. Mine did.  Speedy healing to you buddie.

Thanks guys, I certainly won't give up. Day 13 and 14 were pretty good, so it's not a straight line downhill.

The spasms/cramps in my back are the worst, because I already had troubles with my back/spine, now the muscle tension presses everything together even more.

@Nanagetwell

Good to hear you are getting better too. :)