Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

XK's Trials & Tribs

[...]

Here to cheer on and support others.

I'm going through tapering & withdrawals right now.

I used Xanax for about 8 years. (I'm 35.) I began tapering about 3 weeks ago, and I'm really starting to come around.

Hopefully, my new Buddies can benefit from my experience - not just the battles with Xanax but also the underlying anxiety.

Hello XK80,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  Congratulations on doing so well on your taper so far. Perhaps you can provide more details about the dosage of Xanax you were taking and what type of taper plan you are using. I'm glad that you are coming around after long term usage, these drugs do create a haze and blunt our normal emotions. 

A slow taper can help to minimize withdrawal symptoms. Generally, a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is recommended.  I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also provide a link to the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

It's always good to have coping tools to deal with anxiety both during withdrawal and afterwards. We look forward to your contributions. 

We'll be happy to support you while on your journey to be benzo free.  Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

General Taper Plans   

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)