Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Flu & WD

[Ia...]

So I am coming down with something, probably a flu or whatnot.... my chest is congested, getting a cough and so on.... not sure if it is WD but if not has anyone deal with this?  I am one month off benzos and I REALLY DON'T NEED A NEW SICKNESS on top of it... UGH  What did you take for the flu during this?

I actually got sick quite a lot while in recovery. I don't know if it was due to my immune system being compromised or that fact that I teach and am around little kids every day.

Do what is best for any illness like that. Drink plenty of fluids, stay hydrated.  Rest as much as you possibly can.  People react differently to cold/flu medications.  I found that honey with pepper in it did help my cough.

If your sinuses are congested, try nasal saline rinses.

I really hope you feel better soon.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Be careful if u need an antibiotic. Read up on the ones u shouldn't have. I'm so afraid they are going to give me levaquin. Cipro is also really bad.

I've been pretty sick, but I'm 14 mos benzo free. My ears are stopped up, I'm coughing ...I don't know what's up, but it hasn't been fun. Hope u feel better soon..

Be careful if u need an antibiotic. Read up on the ones u shouldn't have. I'm so afraid they are going to give me levaquin. Cipro is also really bad.

I've been pretty sick, but I'm 14 mos benzo free. My ears are stopped up, I'm coughing ...I don't know what's up, but it hasn't been fun. Hope u feel better soon..

Yea thanks... I have the list printed out just incase... But if I am

Just normally sick I wouldn't get any of those... But it's good to be aware.  Thanks for the reminder.